Page 21 of 97 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Was last night amazing for you too?

Re: Was last night amazing for you too?

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post
    ........... - strained tendon in my back dipping a lady................Hope it doesn't keep me out of action for too long....................
    sounds like a good excuse for being laid on your back for a few days.but no rest

Ceroc - Haywards Heath Mon 7th April

It's interesting and fun to go to a venue where absolutely no-one knows you......no expectations, no history, not part of any group affiliations...

The whole evening was very enjoyable: everyone was friendly, no cliques and the music was good throughout. Venue was modern, straightforward with cheap bar (orange squash at 40p).

One highlight was dancing with the teacher - a Russian (sorry - forget her name) - who was also a very good teacher - the moves in Intermediate were fine and flowed well. What a dancer!

Had a lot of good laughs with different people - it was all quite easy going and relaxed.

....Carol (got demoted as school prefect for kissing a guy behind the bike shed, Maz from Burnley, and the blond bird who danced with me to 'Mercy', and the woman who unxpectedly did multiple spins perfectly on the spot).

Yes!

I am sure I saw Dan Hudson smile (when he wasn't busy looking at his shoes )

Ceroc Epsom - Tuesday April 8th

Was it amazing?

Yes (for some of the wrong reasons):

Intermediate lesson
    A bit like those Ariston washing machines...it went on and on and on...

1. Double handed Archie roll into
    2. Swizzle then teapot walk round into
    3. First move block and reverse spin into
    4. Pretzel walkaround with various hand swaps

3 moves would have been plenty.

Drinks
    - orange squash at £1.50 (was 40p the previous nite)
    - shandy £3.50 a pint
    (this is a council managed venue).

Music
    Was sub-optimal - and closest to the worst set I've experienced. There were too few tracks with breaks or regular 4/4 beats. The set just did not flow! Any 'normal' tracks were like an afterthought. Still, we did get 'Mercy.

Dancers
    One hundred and fifteen of them.....with about 15-20 women over. About 40-50 of these were beginners (judging by how many went off to the refresh).....never seen so many (the previous night, precisely zero went to the refresh). Generally a youngish crowd, and a bit cliquey.

One or two amazing dancers, including the girl from Fleet a couple of months ago, on her first Freestlye, who has transformed from a polite, genteel beginner into the raunchiest dancer this side of Watford Gap.
    Last edited by JiveLad; 9th-April-2008 at 08:44 AM.

Went to Berkhamstead last night.

Trouble and I turned up with Mini Mac, one of us made the effort with a pink g string and matching painted toe nails, hair looking stunning and smelling gorgeous, wearing a lovely slinky shirt. And the girls? Well they both turned up, bless them.

No seriously the girls looked gorgeous and with Troubles stunning weight loss dips and drops seem almost compulsory with her at the moment.

Music was stunning in both rooms and we all danced the night away with glee and enthusiasm. I had ladies actually coming up to me and asking if they could lead me.

Jive lad lead me with his usual style, poise and elegance, top man yourself Jive lad.

Miguel your still unsure about dancing with men as proved by his response when I asked him to dance, his reply was..."Fcuk off you batty boy." Bless him he is still unsure at this time.

All in all a stunning night, I must say, Trouble and I have not had a bad night at this venue yet so I shall keep my lovey gushing to a minimum otherwise everyone and his cat will turn up and the place will be overcrowded and spoilt. A cracking night enhanced by excellent music, in both rooms, and stunning dancers.

Well done to all involved.

DTS Dave XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Went to Berkhamstead last night.

Trouble and I turned up with Mini Mac, one of us made the effort with a pink g string and matching painted toe nails, hair looking stunning and smelling gorgeous, wearing a lovely slinky shirt. And the girls? Well they both turned up, bless them.

No seriously the girls looked gorgeous and with Troubles stunning weight loss dips and drops seem almost compulsory with her at the moment.

Music was stunning in both rooms and we all danced the night away with glee and enthusiasm. I had ladies actually coming up to me and asking if they could lead me.

Jive lad lead me with his usual style, poise and elegance, top man yourself Jive lad.

Miguel your still unsure about dancing with men as proved by his response when I asked him to dance, his reply was..."Fcuk off you batty boy." Bless him he is still unsure at this time.

All in all a stunning night, I must say, Trouble and I have not had a bad night at this venue yet so I shall keep my lovey gushing to a minimum otherwise everyone and his cat will turn up and the place will be overcrowded and spoilt. A cracking night enhanced by excellent music, in both rooms, and stunning dancers.

Well done to all involved.

DTS Dave XXX XXX
    Aye Aye Dave i had a cracking night with you and the gorgeous Trouble

I had a lovely dance with Miguel as well who said i had been his best dance all night

( i think he might have been bluffing)

never the less thank you!

I do miss berko but sunday is such a hectic day for me

it now goes like this

wake up around 11.30 missing breakfast but too early for lunch

get a bath get dressed

have some sort of snack that sadly is not lunch

put the washing on

finally have lunch

laze

then around 7 i consider dinner

have dinner

then i do my coursework and homework lol i work best in the evenings

then get all my stuff ready for school...

dancing comes at a price and the debate between me and dad whether i will get up in the morning afterwards...

never the less berko remains a favourite

marc and rachel done a top set (also learnt some tango with marc...put a smile on my face!

latin ian's set was also great

food was lovely although i wouldn't mind seeing a few biscuits i actually despise most cake

apart from that

it was fantastic quality dancing for less than a tenner!

Oh and of course a BIIIIG thanks to dave and michelle for picking me up...and putting up with my constant gabbling on the way home

you guys deserve a medal lol

Blog Entries

Berko...... well the only reason i go to Berko is for the fantastic Marc Forster....

His set and Rachels at the beginning, was without doubt and as usual, the best.

I also had some really great dances, Marc as usual, the best and thanks.

Miguel, had me laughing all evening and Jivelad, your a saucy little monkey and long may it continue.

Berko was quiet but this made it all the nicer. There was plenty of room for moving in both rooms but the blues room done it for me. I hardly left it.

Cant rate it enough, if you love blues, then get ya little tushes down there.

xxxx

Sorry If I'm repeating what Trouble has just said but I'd already typed this up.

Saturday Night at Berko was a really great night. Marc and Rachel’s music was brilliant (as usual). Only managed to drag myself out of the blues for about 3 dances and then gave into the vibes.

Thanks to Jive Lad, DTS, Marc, Gary and Trouble and all the other non-forum dancers for the dances.

Lastly if the guy who left with one of my shoes (accidentally I hope, or I am in trouble), is reading this please return to Berko with it, as Cinderella here needs it and I have given yours to Ian. Hope your not having too much trouble with the high heel!

Well, all I can say is !
    Marc and Rachel, you play an addictive chillout mix; and it is driving me barmy, because I can’t dance well to it yet.
    I guess I’ll just have to come back, and keep practising…

Cool Re: Was last night amazing for you too?

Utopia Derby.

The venue has recently been refitted. New bigger better dance floor. Also a new air con system (but it still got very hot for some reason). But tonight was amazing for one outstanding reason; OXOs. He played the most delicious blues set I have heard in a very very very long time. The set just flowed along, amazing track after amazing track just drawing you onto the floor. The dances I had were great... a combination of a lot of things, but mainly being buoyed along by OXOs set I think

It was great to see so many excellent dancers there. I didn't have one dance that wasn't brilliant all night - now I am ready for Daventry tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    U one outstanding reason; OXOs.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    He played the most delicious blues set I have heard in a very very very long time. - now I am ready for Daventry tomorrow

bring it on

the floor was fab, I did get sressed cos Gerry's train was late, but back home having fun with freinds.

Friday April 18th: Cheshunt (Ceroc Metro)

Cheshunt again hit the spot.

I feel the centre of gravity for the 'region' (and for the Ceroc Metro franchise) has moved here - and, a little bit away from St. Albans/Berko.

Consistently good music and dances, including several forumettes:

Marvellous Maxine
    Jazzy Jay Jay
    Stylish SunnyBunny

and not forgetting:
    Trouble
    Double Trouble (who showed me how to eat a mini-profiterole in a sexy way - I didn't quite expect what she actually did - v. funny).

Talking of hitting the spot.....during a particularly 'raunchy' dance with one woman, we moved into the ocho position (my terminology). (The guy has legs apart and holds hands while the woman does some ochos followed by well - whatever (eg. the splits, an Argentinian tango leg brush....)).

So, she did the ochos and then.....forget the leg brush.......she kneed me in the groin. When I say knee - it was actually just below her patella. And it wasn't a forceful 'kick' - more of a controlled 'dab'. Still, contact was made.

I looked at her and said: "You just kneed me in the balls".
    "Yes" she replied, grinning like a Cheshire cat, "I was just checking they were there".

I did consider replying: "Well next time please use your hands" - or something like that, then thought better of it.

Then, in the same dance, when she was behind me, she said she wanted to lift me. I accepted - and she did it. Hmmmm - what to do with my legs? Well I started to 'tread water' like a 5 year old might do in that situation.
    Not particularly stylish (let me down!) - still, she had the balls to go for it.

Another great night........and thx to all who were involved. I appreciate it very much

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    Double Trouble (who showed me how to eat a mini-profiterole in a sexy way - I didn't quite expect what she actually did - v. funny).
    My dance mojo left me last night. I thought it would be sensible not to dance much with my two left feet and instead just cause mischief all night and generally be a naughty and misbehaved DT

I disagree with you about the music at Cheshunt Jivelad. I thought most of it was pants last night. The only time that DJ puts on anything vaguely interesting is when all the old coffin dodgers go for tea and cake in the bar area.

Quite a few people said to me last night that they only attend Cheshunt because it's local and convenient. I have to say that's mostly how I feel too. It's 5 minutes away, so no agro to get to. The only other plus point is that it's not full of hotshot types who think their poop don't stink. There's always a nice atmosphere there and that helps, I just wish the DJ would wake up and smell the coffee.

Talking of hitting the spot.....during a particularly 'raunchy' dance with one woman, we moved into the ocho position (my terminology). (The guy has legs apart and holds hands while the woman does some ochos followed by well - whatever (eg. the splits, an Argentinian tango leg brush....)).

So, she did the ochos and then.....forget the leg brush.......she kneed me in the groin.
    That is something I could never manage to do to you JL, I only come up to your navel...thanks for the dances as fun as ever.

Did have a good evening, many lovely dances and nice to catch up with Double Trouble too.

Daventry 19th Apr

Venue - reminded me of my old school sportshall. Same size, shape and brickwork. Spacious though there was the obvious slight overcrowding of the blues room once the main room had closed for the night.

Drinks - Cheap enough for me though I never used the proper bar.

Dancers - Fab mixed range. What I like. Thanks to everyone that I danced with, or rather, they put up with me.

The bad - From what I remember, my only second refusal this year. Though I expected a no before I asked. It was a "I'm hot, lets do the next one" excuse. Granted she never danced that track but she merely briefly watched then walked away as if I was under assessment first. But being northern adding to the fact it was very late on meant I hadn't had much blues room experience and was completely taitered respectively so contributing to not passing her test. I have danced with her before so I new what I wasn't missing out on, haha.

My target - 100 dances. Actual end total was 101 in 7 hours. I made it, just. Thanks to everyone (bar one, lol).

Oh and a big thank you to Fletch.

Fab night!
    Last edited by Steven666; 20th-April-2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Tired wii typing. Hit s instead of d. And lack of an r.

Daventry 19th April

well, last night was amazing for allsorts of reasons but firstly it was my birthday.

I arrived 30 min early, I had to make up for the night before.

It was wonderful to be met by my lovely Tor who had reserved and decorated a table for us all.

Rob Ambridge played old disco classics while everyone got set up, and yes I jigged around on my own.

Steven666 started him marathon dance session and secretly wanted to be doing it with him, I was his first and his 100 Th. dance, well done mate, i'm going to give you a run for you money at SP.

I did DWAS, goodness knows why? but I got trough to the finals, not due to my dance ability i'm sure, pure cheek and entertainment value, poor bloke who go drawn against me Nico, he hadn't been dancing long, within 10 seconds his face was pure terror, no not really but don't think he had had a dance quite like it.

I won the best dressed female and Emma made a lovely speech, about me, and then Rob Ambridge announced I was to get a dance, thank you to all the men that danced with me and Tor for leading me on to the floor, Phil Webb so nice to see you queuing for me again.

I had so many best wishes it was awsom.

I recived proberly the best birthday gift I had ever had, there was so much thought, time and consideration to my needs put into it, Tor and Pawplay you guy's are the dogs ******** and I love you, thank you so much.

Caz thanks for the dance, while your down there, just rip 'em off why don't you.

Genivive and Jive junkie (rock&rollSteve) I wish you would change your forum name, thanks for the company, Gen leading me, fippin hec you've only just started dancing, yeah! respect, what did you think of Daventry then? was I right?

The blues room was fine for me, and Marc as always, played a blinder, it didn't finish till 3.30 and I was dancing from 7.30 and it was still to early, I need a weekender.

Thank you Gerry for staning back and letting me be fletch, I love you.

Really enjoyed Daventry last night - this was for me the best Dav. event for some time.

Arrived very early but Fletch's birthday celebrations got things off to a great start. Had one or two dances in the main room to start with but quickly decamped to the blues room and never felt the need to leave after that.

I had a cold earlier in the week so felt a bit rusty to begin with but by the middle of the evening I really got it together and had a succession of great dances. I think I managed to dance with most female forumites who were there but might have missed JoannaC (not sure from photo) and Miss Molly. Had some fantastic dances with non forumites as well - massive thanks to all of you. Got a bit tired later on so called it a night just before 2:00 am (yes, I know, I am a Wuz)

Lighting, sound and music in the blues room was best yet for Daventry. Extra space as a result of removing the stage proved its worth. Even so it did get a bit crowded when the main room closed but at least this didn't happen until about 1:30 am.

I have had various niggles about some of the recent Dav freestyles but this time everything seemed better so hats off to the organisers as far as I am concerned. Dav. freestyles are back near the top of the tree.

I agree with all of the above, although for me the experience had a slightly surreal quality caused by me being a little light headed through over-medication and the remnants of my cold. I had some fantastic dances but I didn't feel really in the zone and was not as responsive as I could have been. Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to dance with me as I didn't ask many people and only about 2 I hadn't been introduced to (who were Silverfox and , I think, Mr Darcy). I was fully prepared for refusals but didn't get any!

Steven666 proved to be a perfect gentleman when I was expecting almost the devil incarnate from his name, homer pic and "drunken" posts. ( I can not imagine why anyone would refuse you unless they were mad, and well done BTW). More surreal experiences were being a man sandwich (?), and have a dance so UCP that I think I have groin strain (or I might need a new hip), and being asked to dance by a beautiful lady with no hair who was a fabulous and gentle lead! The fancy dress costumes may have added to my feeling of being in another world or perhaps I'm watching too much Dr. Who. Wow - imagine if David Tennant could dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    My dance mojo left me last night. I thought it would be sensible not to dance much with my two left feet and instead just cause mischief all night and generally be a naughty and misbehaved DT
    hehehe well i enjoyed my one dance with you anyway
    sorry i didnt get more i was danced of me feet by all the chelmsford ladies that were there on friday for pete and maria's birthday party
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I disagree with you about the music at Cheshunt Jivelad. I thought most of it was pants last night. The only time that DJ puts on anything vaguely interesting is when all the old coffin dodgers go for tea and cake in the bar area.
    are you calling me a coffin dodger ???
    As for the music imho when we first got here it was a bit too much pop for my taste But and heres the but the dance floor was full so some people obviously liked it
    once tea was over Robin settled into his usual mix of good pop and great ceroc
    so we came away really happy having had a great evening
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    That is something I could never manage to do to you JL, I only come up to your navel.
    knowing you i would expect you to jump jayjay

Cheshunt again hit the spot.

I now need profiteroles lessons
    Nice too meet you again Jivelad

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post

knowing you i would expect you to jump jayjay

Don't know about jumping have to stand on a chair to get noticed sometimes it's not easy being small you know ......... hope the shoulder is getting better

Thread Information