Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodbye

Commercial Operator

Re: Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by jockey View Post
    Dave,
    Do you know what, I've been asking myself the same question since a certain somebody (Andy Mac) called my contribution "rubbish". I ask you, and me a Doctor of Philosophy..!
    That's what made jockey's contribution especially bad. He's a PhD and can still post rubbish - in fact, I said his post was "complete and utter rubbish". Here is the whole exchange below. You, the reader can make your own mind up. Speaking for myself, I think the Forum would be a better place if jockey didn't post rumour and unsubstantiated comments. Come on jockey, name your sources or keep quiet - I'm sure you wouldn't have been allowed to make quotes without references in your PhD thesis. If you are going to wave your PhD on here I suggest you behave in a manner befitting somebody who has gone through the rigour of peer reviewed writing.

Here are my refereces, BTW...

I have it on good authority that Amir and Cat didnt win at Britrock because the judges felt that though technically excellent they appeared to be dancing for each other rather than for the audience. However, this may be using le Roc or Ceroc criteria to judge a tango or "Jango" routine - as Cat explained to me at Rocbottoms in January Tango is a matter of passion and connection between the dancers not between them and the audience.
    Amir and Cat are the best thing ive seen in a long while (though I wasnt at the "Champs" ) but it wont be the first time that many peoples idea of the best couple didnt conform to the opinion of the judges...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    I was the adjudicator at this competition. I was in charge of the judges. As far as I know, this is complete and utter rubbish. What "authority" is jockey talking about. Cat may or may not have a theory about why judges voted the way they did. However, it is up to each judge to vote individually. Therefore, the only "authority" is the individual judges. Unless jockey has heard from one of the judges who voted for Simon & Nicole I think we can say that jockey's "authority" is completely worthless. Come on jockey, tell us which judge has told you the reasons for your statement - and, while you're at it, please get yourself a capital letter ...
    I didnt say it was a judge (if you read my post carefully). Anyway my lips are sealed. Whats more important is the question of judging criteria...are Cat and Amir, dancing Jango getting a fair crack of the whip from jive judges?
    No, you didn't say it was a judge, you said you had it on good authority that you knew what "judges felt". That was a claim that, to me, indicates that you have some inside knowledge as to the feelings of ALL of the judges, not just "a judge". And FWIW, 2 of the judges thought that Cat and Amir should have won - therefore it is just the 3 judges who voted to the winners - making jockey's all encompassing claim about "the judges" complete and utter rubbish. Come on jockey, post like you've got a PhD if you are going to bring it up

p.s. Dave, we love you. We want you back

First star to the right and straight on till morning...

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Due to the recent unpleasantness on the forum recently i have asked Franck to remove me from it, as i no longer want to be involved in the unpleasantness of it anymore.
    Farewell to all of my friends and i hope to see you at weekenders or freestyles.
    XXX XXX DTS Dave
    I'm not sure if I know you and must have missed the unpleasantness, I'm on the road, but if you otherwise enjoy the forum don't let a small percentage push you away. Often it can seem like a generality or "everyone" but its usually not at all (as this thread seems to show) - you can always ignore them.

If you go tho, keep dancing!

Dave you great prat. You know we love you so get your great big hairy ass back online and ignore the pillocks who "abuse" you, show em who's the bigger man!

Jamie x

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Dave you great prat. You know we love you so get your great big hairy ass back online and ignore the pillocks who "abuse" you, show em who's the bigger man!

Jamie x

Commercial Operator

Jamie x

Dave is just showing his soft side. It makes him even lovelier. Dave, we want you back

Has he gone yet? Is the coast clear to start talking about the miserable scrote now?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Has he gone yet? Is the coast clear to start talking about the miserable scrote now?
    What? Do you mean the miserable scrote who showed Jamie his great big hairy ass?

Enough enough enough stop indulging the numpty soft Welsh prat.

I am going on holiday, when i return normal service will be resumed.

First holiday since i went to Cyprus to see in the Millenium....Well overdue
    XXX XXX DTS Dave Love you all Even Robd

Jamie x
    Hear hear! well spoken Jamie!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Stop being a Bloody Drama Queen

Dave, forum wont be the same without you on it so stay put ya silly short ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    What? Do you mean the miserable scrote who showed Jamie his great big hairy ass?

not sure I know what your on about Andy

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

First holiday since i went to Cyprus to see in the Millenium....Well overdue
    XXX XXX DTS Dave Love you all Even Robd
    Its "Millennium" with two N's and I bet you went in 1999 not knowing when the actual Millennium was like some soft Welsh prat

Oh Bugger!........................

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    not sure I know what your on about Andy

Jamie x
    Does the above answer your question?

Thread Information