Thread: T-shirt inspiration required

purplehyacinth

T-shirt inspiration required

This has been inspired by something I said on the who's doing what - weekend of 31 Aug-2 Sept thread.

I am conscious that I'm not very good as identifying myself as purplehyacinth at freestyles/parties etc. and have been vaguely considering getting a couple of t-shirts printed up to identify me as purpleheather. However I'm lacking inspiration for a design. The only thought I've had is something like a hillside covered with ... purple hyacinth... which is obvious, but not really inspiring as a t-shirt design.

So..... ideas anyone?

(oh, and the design has to work - ie not clash - with an extremely swirly randomly patterned black and white skirt - ie my favourite ceroc skirt)

Re: T-shirt inspiration required

I'd go for a close up of a piece of purple hyacinth, alongside your forum name. Simple and un-original....but my brain is mush from essay writing.

A nice, bold purple vector would be kinda nice, but not sure how it'd go with the skirt!

I get most of my inspiration from stock photo sites like SXC

Always willing to try to help ...
    Figurative Oil Paintings by Kelly Borsheim

or more boringly, these may give you some ideas:

Clare's Celtic Cornucopia - Scottish Flowers Cross-stitch Kits

purplehyacinth

Hmmm don't think I'll go for the first option somehow! Not really my style...

or more boringly, these may give you some ideas:

Clare's Celtic Cornucopia - Scottish Flowers Cross-stitch Kits
    Actually - I'm pretty sure the white heather keyring design on that page is one I made up a few years ago - although, I think I bought it as a "textile heritage" design rather than Clare's Celtic Cornucopia.... I wonder if I still have the pattern for that. But I don't know if cross stitch would really go with the swirly skirt.

(How sad am I being able to recognise cross-stitch patterns? you don't need to answer that question: I think I know the answer myself)

Quote Originally Posted by purpleheather View Post
    I am conscious that I'm not very good as identifying myself as purpleheather at freestyles/parties etc.
    Well .. You could, for example, Wear Purple and introduce yourself as Hyacinth. it worked for me when we first met..

or you could be really sad.. and get a T-shirt with your name emblazoned across it.. (like Me and Wuzzle )

thirdly.. get anyone who knows you and other forumites to introduce you that works good too.. you're a great dancer.. people will soon know you well enough

(and if all else fails.. do the highland fling thing again .. people tend to remember that too..)

Mrs Pretzelmeister

Anyone who would like to get similarly creative about 'LemonCake' is welcome, I'm puzzling over what to put on a teeshirt for Southport too....

**It must of course co-ordinate with my swirly skirt collection in denim, mint green, apple green, grass green, white, more denim, black, pink and silver. And my favourite purple sparkly dance shoes... **

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCake View Post
    Anyone who would like to get similarly creative about 'LemonCake' is welcome, I'm puzzling over what to put on a teeshirt for Southport too....

**It must of course co-ordinate with my swirly skirt collection in denim, mint green, apple green, grass green, white, more denim, black, pink and silver. And my favourite purple sparkly dance shoes... **
    But Scrumptious cake co-ordinates with EVERYTHING !! Just sit a bit tin of your namesake cake.. and I'm quite sure people will remember you too.

Just put "FREE CAKE" and an arrow pointing to your table.. (Arrow will have to be velcro of course, so you can reposition it as you move around the dance floor )

And like I said to purplehyacinth.. you're a great dancer too.. people tend to remember the great dancers .. and don't need to wear "name badges" (Like me )

Unfortunately my source for "OX" t-shirts fell through. Anyone know (or can find?) a place to buy an OX t-shirt in a man's size in the UK?

(For those going – OX is the name of the Uglydoll that is pictured in my avatar.)
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

purplehyacinth

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1970 View Post
    Well .. You could, for example, Wear Purple and introduce yourself as hyacinth. it worked for me when we first met..
    Yes, but I do like to wear other colours besides purple....... and it's the introducing myself bit I'm bad at

or you could be really sad.. and get a T-shirt with your name emblazoned across it.. (like Me and Wuzzle )
    It may come to that.........

thirdly.. get anyone who knows you and other forumites to introduce you that works good too.. you're a great dancer.. people will soon know you well enough
    Now you've got me all embarassed

(and if all else fails.. do the highland fling thing again .. people tend to remember that too..)
    and even more embarassed now.

Another possible idea I've had - inspired by a conversation with Franck one party at Marco's where he alleged that I was confusing him, since that night I was not "purple" hyacinth - but was wearing blue and was therefore maybe "blue" heather, is non-purple t-shirts with "purpleheather" on the back and on the front something along the lines of "I'm just wearing this colour to confuse you"....

Still musing ideas over...

Another possible idea I've had - inspired by a conversation with Franck one party at Marco's where he alleged that I was confusing him, since that night I was not "purple" heather - but was wearing blue and was therefore maybe "blue" heather, is non-purple t-shirts with "purpleheather" on the back and on the front something along the lines of "I'm just wearing this colour to confuse you"....

Think that is a great one!!!

question I have - where does one go to get these sorts of t-shirts printed - ideally around the Reading area

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    Think that is a great one!!!

question I have - where does one go to get these sorts of t-shirts printed - ideally around the Reading area
    You probably know this, but someone might not. It is possible to buy T-shirt transfer paper for inkjet printers and iron on your own design, or buy fabric pens at art stores and draw your own. The kids I know love T-shirts they have drawn themselves, and they really did look good.

Mrs Pretzelmeister

Another possible idea I've had - inspired by a conversation with Franck one party at Marco's where he alleged that I was confusing him, since that night I was not "purple" heather - but was wearing blue and was therefore maybe "blue" heather, is non-purple t-shirts with "purpleheather" on the back and on the front something along the lines of "I'm just wearing this colour to confuse you"....

Why not have a range of t-shirts or tops in whatever colours you like wearing/match your skirts, with "Heather" on the front/back? There's a poor choice of fonts but it would look quite nice with a flourishy script or something a bit quirky.

(purple 'Heather', in case it doesn't work right)

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Oh Wow! I was trying to think of something for a t-shirt for my little (in height anyway) self and PupleHeather beat me to the question? Any suggestions for a "Mezzosoprano".

I liked the idea of the purpleshirts for Purpleheather with HEATHER! on the front...

purplehyacinth

How about a phrase of music (e.g.one for 4 or more voices), with the mezzo sop line picked out in a different colour, or picked out in something sparkly (sequins?).

Or is that too obscure?

How about a phrase of music (e.g.one for 4 or more voices), with the mezzo sop line picked out in a different colour, or picked out in something sparkly (sequins?).

Or is that too obscure?
    *Makes WHOOOOSH sound / gesture with hand about a foot above his head*

Is that like the Do Ray Me thing? What's it called? The Tantric Sofa.. No.. the Sonic Tofu.. summat like that

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

That would be solfa that you are taking about then.... I kinda like the four lines thing but I reckon that folk who don't do any kind of music wouldn't get it?

Thread Information