View Poll Results: What do we think about Ceroc taking over Southport dates from Jive Addiction?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think there was nothing wrong with Ceroc taking over Southport dates from Jive Addiction

21 21.43%
  • I think it was wrong for Ceroc to take over Southport dates from Jive Addiction

64 65.31%
  • I think that an event run by Ceroc at Southport will be better or as good as Jive Addiction's

27 27.55%
  • I think that an event run by Ceroc at Southport will NOT be better or as good as Jive Addiction's

41 41.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Southport Jive Weekender Poll

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Southport Jive Weekender Poll

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Since they did not put there name, and I was too tight to pay to be a Silver member, i was unable to pm to tell them i am not trying to stir but just commenting on ceroc's own website
    Fixed that for you

Hey, it's Friday aftenoon.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    I don't know if I agree with this. If you go to a weekender and one of the principal attractions is dancing with lots of other forumites then I guess it's true but, as Stokie (I think) pointed out, in the wider scheme of things most people's dance weekends go by unaffected by the existence of the forum or presence of forumites.
    Most people will go to a weekender because they know people who are going,wether thats a forumite group , north bedforshire group or non forumite NI contingent etc

Some will put a dance teacher above anything else (5% ?) If its famous it might be higher

Dont know what John and Wes are going to announce but i can see a Benny Hill sketch coming with a group of people following each other (helps if your over 38 to get the picture)

The Dashing Moderator

Somebody just neg repped me with this
    "For goodness sake quit your petty stirring and get your facts right. It clearly says 3 rooms of dancing."

Since they did not put there name i was unable to pm to tell them i am not trying to stir but just commenting on ceroc's own website which under more event information and freestyle states

"Freestyle Dancing
    The evenings will consist of 2 rooms of different music played by bringing together the biggest line-up of DJ's ever on the scene, where there will be lots of opportunities for the DJ's to play a real eclectic mix of music as well as regular sounds so that you can dance through until the early hours."

If this is inaccurate I apolgise but as you can see it was taken accurately from cerocs website.
    The website says '2 rooms' in some places, and '3 rooms' in others. It just depends where you look.

(So I think that Negative Rep was rather unjustified)
    Last edited by DavidY; 5th-September-2008 at 04:52 PM.
    Love dance, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Why is it that you are still talking about somebody stealing customers / dancers.
    ...because that was the phaseology used by the JA supporters when they accused Ceroc of 'stealing' JA's dancers.

Your the second person to have a fit over my use of the word 'stealing' but also somehow manage to completely miss it's use by many others first on the pro-JA side. LOL.

If you don't like the language, well, Mr. Ellard kindly explained it much more eloquently than I could in his response.

Ah DB your so kind! It made me laugh though so tried to rep but since you mods are a bit tight with the rep rules i have been told i will have to rep someone else first

Thanks David Y

Ah DB your so kind! It made me laugh though so tried to rep but since you mods are a bit tight with the rep rules i have been told i will have to rep someone else first

Thanks David Y
    Im sure someone else will + rep you, you were not stiring

Glad to see the Jive Aces are doing two sets by the bar saturday and sunday evening

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Im sure someone else will + rep you, you were not stiring

Glad to see the Jive Aces are doing two sets by the bar saturday and sunday evening
    Cool, there's another good reason to stay in bed until 2am!
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

It will be 3 rooms of freestyle (copying and pasting error to be corrected) and as regards the event schedule this is NOT representaive of what will happen at Southport - it was just put up to give people a flavour of what has happened before and does say this is an example of a previous event. A little confusing I know, but the feeling was that it would be changed quickly so it was better to fill the space with something rather than nothing.

That means you won't have to wait long as teachers have already been confirmed and a full schedule will be up shortly (and sorry, I don't now how soon 'shortly' will be) but soon!

Quote Originally Posted by TA Guy View Post
    ...because that was the phaseology used by the JA supporters when they accused Ceroc of 'stealing' JA's dancers.

Your the second person to have a fit over my use of the word 'stealing' but also somehow manage to completely miss it's use by many others first on the pro-JA side. LOL.

If you don't like the language, well, Mr. Ellard kindly explained it much more eloquently than I could in his response.
    I think the sentiment was that JA had lost Southport due to underhand busines tacticts.

I was just pointing out that I didn't think stealing was really the appropriate comment to be used due to the historical details I had shown.

I used the icons to highlight my response, I assure you I am not having a fit just passing on my comments on this situation.

all the best Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    IMO this is the key issue.

I know some people downplay the importance and even relevance of the vocal minority on here when it comes to matters of dance events but I believe that this forum plays a bigger part than some give it credit for.

It has been said in the past that those who post on here are generally the more experienced dancers. In that respect it seems to me that the community of dancers on here are responsible, in a fairly large part, to how things go now with weekenders. It stands to reason that the thoughts, recommendations and opinions from this forum ripple out to a much larger community.

I will state that the single biggest reason for me to enjoy Southport is that I know there will be a huge collection of fantastic/experienced dancers there. Whether they play blues, indie or hungarian folk music I know I will enjoy playing with people
    I believe it is largely down to this forum that all the people that I love dancing with go to Southport.

Erm, I cant remember why Im writing this

edit:: There was a point to this
    Spot on in my opinion Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Am I the only person on this CEROC SCOTLAND FORUM thinking the measure of Cerocs resolve is being clearly shown by allowing the above post on its forum?

Ceroc has allowed some right derogatory posts on here.

DTS XXX XXX
    Errrrr ..... not quite ..... that would be CEROC Scotland's resolve, or in other words, the very wonderful free thinking Franck. It is my belief that CEROC does pressure CEROC Scotland on forum policy, and that Franck tries to protect the free speech principle as best he can.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    or multiplied even

I know I'm contradicting my "Too many SP threads" stance, but I'm sooo tempted to do a "Vote for The 20" thread

Can't we make it 100? And call them Spartans??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Hans View Post
    Errrrr ..... not quite ..... that would be CEROC Scotland's resolve, or in other words, the very wonderful free thinking Franck. It is my belief that CEROC does pressure CEROC Scotland on forum policy,
    Not that I'm aware.

Basically, I think Ceroc HQ just generally ignore us and think of us as a bunch of unrepresentative loudmouths....

and that Franck tries to protect the free speech principle as best he can.
    Actually, that's spot on - Franck is probably more passionate about defending free speech than I am, for example. Which is ironic, really.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    But I'm dreading the inevitable 'who's going to which weekender poll?
    I'm already getting lots of texts, emails and phone calls asking which one I'm going to

Lee Eastern's weekender is only two weeks after too!

Arghhh! I want to go to them all

Maybe i'll just have to wait and see where 'the 10' go?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    ........lee Eastern's weekender is only two weeks after too ..............
    I thought this was end January ??? What date have you got please Lory ?

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Errrrr ..... not quite ..... that would be CEROC Scotland's resolve, or in other words, the very wonderful free thinking Franck. It is my belief that CEROC does pressure CEROC Scotland on forum policy, and that Franck tries to protect the free speech principle as best he can.

Magic baby what do you know about anything?

For goodness sake man you have a beard!!!!!!!

Franck is still ceroc and he has allowed allsort of stuff on this forum, I have posted some right rude stuff on here. I have had my legs slapped by most of the mods and by Franck. However I am still here and it is Franck, ceroc,s , resolve to allow this free speech.

Fair play to them.

DTS XXX XXX

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    With recent events that are discussed elsewhere I thought we should ask how many people think what. I've tried to make the questions unemotional to reduce the chances of bias.

Be interesting to see who has voted for what.

Lets make this an open poll

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Achaeco View Post
    Be interesting to see who has voted for what.

Lets make this an open poll
    You are right, it would be interesting to know who voted for what. I considered making it an open poll. I decided that it was such an emotive matter that people might be wary of others knowing how they'd voted. There is even a chance that individual voters could be privately lobbied to change their vote. Therefore I went for anonymity.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    You are right, it would be interesting to know who voted for what. I considered making it an open poll. I decided that it was such an emotive matter that people might be wary of others knowing how they'd voted. There is even a chance that individual voters could be privately lobbied to change their vote. Therefore I went for anonymity.

Give it a week and then have it done, that would be so funny

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Achaeco View Post
    Give it a week and then have it done, that would be so funny
    Yeah, I'm rolling around on the floor right now.

Fortunately, private polls can't be changed by anyone once set up; neither can their results be seen by anyone. (Yes, that includes us mods).

In other words, private means private - if you want a public poll, set one up in the first place.

In other words, I agree with Andy.

Thread Information