Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A good decision by ceroc which has made me an adherent

Blog Entries

Re: A good decision by ceroc which has made me an adherent

A little independant Jive company got me and sis into dancing but Ceroc kept me in it. I was about ready to give up when we found a ceroc franchise that was refreshingly younger and funkier compared to the first one.

Ceroc are more modern and funky and easy to fall into, they are a machine for churning and where you go from there... the list is endless and as we all know, once dancing is in ya blood.... its in there forever.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post

What is odd about that? I'm just curious.
    Contextually it's fine, it's just not a word that I'd ever expect DTS, fine fellow that he is, to use in a thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Contextually it's fine, it's just not a word that I'd ever expect DTS, fine fellow that he is, to use in a thread title.
    Why?

------------------------

The previous time that 'adherent' was used on the forum was by Easily Led, back in April 2008.

See http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/l...tml#post461751

(Although this was not in a thread title - and the context was very different).

And the connection between Easily Led and DTS?

They were both at Twisted on Saturday. (Maybe she whispered sweet adherents into his ear ).

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    In the spirit of this thread, I'm obliged to point out that Mike Ellard kindly found me a roll of toilet paper once.
    Did he roll it under the door, or lob it over the top?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Listen up now matey I have a Bronze Swimming medal you know.

OOHH I feel all insulted, you is lucky you are a gorgeous man and dancer, otherwise I would be sending you a terse memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I’m sorry, but how did Ceroc waste your time? Did they force you to go to classes? It’s up to the individual to decide where they want to dance. If the product doesn’t suit you, go and find one that does. It just took you a bit of time to do this, but that is not Ceroc’s fault. Take responsibility for your own actions.

I agree with Twirly only you TSH wasted 12 months of your life if you were not enjoying it.

I have often discussed with Jay Jay, how dull would our lives be if we had not discovered Ceroc and now how our lives seem to almost totally revolve around dance. Also through Ceroc and the weekenders I have been introduced to other styles of dancing, some of which I really enjoy.

Lastly but equally important is the friends that I have met through Ceroc have only made my life better

DTS I think your thread is spot on

A nicely welcomed positive thread about Ceroc.

Ceroc changed my life. I learnt how to dance because of them. I got interested in other style of dance because I started dancing with them. I've made some great friends through dancing. I've been to lots of different places cos of them and have had some great experiences with the people I've met through dancing.

Could I have found this elsewhere? Hmm maybe, but the attitude that Ceroc promotes, the way it is taught, the the high standards of teaching drew me in. I now Taxi at my local venue, and feel happy to be helping out others on their path of dancing.

I also remember as we were leaving Camber, were were given free bottles of water for the journey home "in case we got stuck anywhere" (the time when the floods were bad) by none other than the man himself Mike Ellard.

As others have said before, Ceroc is the standard. Others may do it better, but they are the hidden gems and few and far between (at least in my experience), but many do it no where near as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Did he roll it under the door, or lob it over the top?

(Thanks for a moment of relief.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    In the spirit of this thread, I'm obliged to point out that Mike Ellard kindly found me a roll of toilet paper once.

.... & was he dressed as a Golden Labrador puppy???

Quote Originally Posted by tsh View Post
    I think I've said before... None of my local venues offer anything for me any more, and I feel that ceroc wasted a good 12 months of my dancing before I found other places to dance which did offer more. C
    The mere fact that Ceroc introduced you to dance should be enough, I would of thought, to be very grateful for. It is a bit harsh as others have already said to say that Ceroc wasted 12 months of dancing for you, my local venue doesn't hit the spot for me all the time, but it's there and I have a car to make my choices to go elsewhere too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    I have often discussed with Jay Jay, how dull would our lives be if we had not discovered Ceroc and now how our lives seem to almost totally revolve around dance. Also through Ceroc and the weekenders I have been introduced to other styles of dancing, some of which I really enjoy.

Lastly but equally important is the friends that I have met through Ceroc have only made my life better
    Max....couldn't of said it better

................and DTS the voice of reason... I am with you all the way

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    A story about the humanity of JA, both sides of this debate has been shown, both sides have been good and bad, like us all they are only human and to err is human.
    As humans we all make mistakes in life. It's what we learn from those mistakes that count. I believe in not judging people. I won't listen to hearsay and use that gossip to make my mind up on others.

When I first started dancing I was told many things about many people. I listened but didn't judge. Sadly pretty much all of what was said was true and these people showed their true colours soon enough. That was when I made my mind up about them.

Same with organisers of events. I judge them on how they have behaved towards me and my family.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    Why?

------------------------

The previous time that 'adherent' was used on the forum was by Easily Led, back in April 2008.

See http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/l...tml#post461751

And the connection between Easily Led and DTS?

They were both at Twisted on Saturday. (Maybe she whispered sweet adherents into his ear ).
    The connection between Easily Led and me, on the dance floor is MARVELLOUS, nothing better than sinking into her gorgeous eyes to a slow slow track.

OOHH I have come over all uneccessary.

And uneccessary is not right pleased about it I can tell you.

Cool Re: A good decision by ceroc which has made me an adherent

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    tsh why do you seem to have a dislike of ceroc?

Now we know each other in the real world outside of the Forum, so be honest why do you seem to dislike Ceroc so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsh View Post
    {Frank and Honest Reply}
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Tsh, this is the "good things to say about Ceroc" thread - there are plenty of other threads to attack Ceroc in, OK? Most of them, in fact..
    Jesus! Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Tsh was asked a straight question about why he is negative about Ceroc on this thread, he replied in a non-inflammatory way, then gets shot down for posting negative stuff on the positive thread.

[Dixie Accent]
    C'mon boys, thars gonna be a hangin'
    [/Dixie Accent]

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    The mere fact that Ceroc introduced you to dance should be enough, I would of thought, to be very grateful for.
    To be grateful for? Interesting thought. I learnt to dance through Ceroc but that doesn't make me eternally grateful to them. I am where I am now thanks to me. Thanks to the hard work and commitment that I have put into my own dancing. Yes there have been certain individuals along the way who have had a huge input and whom I will never forget. I will always be grateful to them. However there are also individuals who have tried to ruin my enjoyment of dancing and have made the journey not such a pleasant one. They will also never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post

I have often discussed with Jay Jay, how dull would our lives be if we had not discovered Ceroc and now how our lives seem to almost totally revolve around dance.
    What a very sad statement. Life is what you make it. Bit like dancing really. You get out what you put in. My life does revolve an awful lot around dancing and I love it. That's not to say my life was anywhere near dull before. Different but not dull.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    My life does revolve an awful lot around dancing and I love it. That's not to say my life was anywhere near dull before. Different but not dull.
    Ahh but Ess darling you have the delectable Stokie so how could your life ever have been dull...... Oh and of course he has you u little whipper snapper of energy you. xxxx

Cool Re: A good decision by ceroc which has made me an adherent

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Ahh but Ess darling you have the delectable Stokie so how could your life ever have been dull...... Oh and of course he has you u little whipper snapper of energy you. xxxx
    Cheque's in the post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Cheque's in the post
    Please make payable to Gorgeous Porter...

What a very sad statement. Life is what you make it. Bit like dancing really. You get out what you put in. My life does revolve an awful lot around dancing and I love it. That's not to say my life was anywhere near dull before. Different but not dull.
    Sad it may be but my life was getting particularly dull before dancing
    I was in a loveless marriage (my x had been saying she didnt love me for over a year) i was in a poorly paid job and used to sit in and watch the telly almost every night with no confidence to move on

I started Ceroc in april 99 by jan 2000 i had a lot more confidence in myself i moved out into my own place in that time i was out 5 nights a week and had made friends who are to this day like family to me
    Within a couple of days of moving out i met my lovely wife Barbs (i had intended to be a batchelor and enjoy the single life) and those that have met us will know that 8 years later we are still as one.
    Those that know me would be amazed at the change in my whole outlook i am confident (i tell people i am shy but they dont believe me ) i am also in a good job (due to the new found confidence)

Dancing has in all ways changed my life and its now exciting (not just going to dances)
    I think twirlie bird you are lucky to have a fullflling life as i have now but it wasnt always that way. Which is why i am very grateful to Ceroc without it i wouldnt be where i am now in any part of my life

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    Dancing has in all ways changed my life and its now exciting (not just going to dances)
    I think twirlie bird you are lucky to have a fullflling life as i have now but it wasnt always that way. Which is why i am very grateful to Ceroc without it i wouldnt be where i am now in any part of my life
    I hear you and I completely understand. However the changes in your life are not just down to Ceroc. Ceroc may have been the starting point but they don't deserve the full credit for your happiness. Surely you have had some input too?

As for me having a fulfilling life - yes I do. Very fulfilling. However this isn't down to luck. It wasn't just handed to me on a plate. What I have is down to my hard work and my efforts.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What a very sad statement.
    Ahem.

As I said, this is the fluffy bunny thread, I think it'd be nice if people respected that sentiment?

Please?

Thread Information