Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jive Addiction - The Next Chapter

Re: Jive Addiction - The Next Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    and your point is?

I go to dance events to hear good music, be with friends and dance with good dancers. I couldn't give a toss if the organiser is in a running battle with someone else or not.
    It'd be like using OpenOffice instead of MS Office because I don't like MicroSoft, despite the fact that none of my clients would use my company again.
    Gav, Rocky is a bit shy and not inclined to say what he thinks.

However it seems to me that whenever Ceoc does something that people can construe, even though it most probabally is not the case, as being wrong, unethical etc many people and especialy on this Forum, scream and shout about it.

However when the same thing happens between two independants or business partners it seems to get brushed under the carpet and they say it is none of our affair.

I think sometimes we use double standards on this Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaeco View Post
    I'm sure Wes has walked away with a decent package; After all it was a limited company and are governed by several laws.
    I doubt very much if Wes has had any package because I would have thought there would have been some sort of confidentiality clause attached to the agreement. Not only that the tone of Wes's email would suggest no agreement has been reached.

However a pattern seems to be emerging regarding the JA partners. That is whenever one or other or both has a grievance their first reaction is to try and split the dance community by bringing about unrest and quite honestly I don't like it.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by ant View Post
    I doubt very much if Wes has had any package because I would have thought there would have been some sort of confidentiality clause attached to the agreement. Not only that the tone of Wes's email would suggest no agreement has been reached.

However a pattern seems to be emerging regarding the JA partners. That is whenever one or other or both has a grievance their first reaction is to try and split the dance community by bringing about unrest and quite honestly I don't like it.

Ok Ant. When i say "i'm sure" i ment to say i know Wes has received a good package.
    To put a confidentiality clause into a sale of shares aggreement is near on impossible to acheive, as stated on companies house website.

Ok Ant. When i say "i'm sure" i ment to say i know Wes has received a good package.
    To put a confidentiality clause into a sale of shares aggreement is near on impossible to acheive, as stated on companies house website.
    You obviously know better than me regarding the situation between John and Wes but there is no reason at all for not having a confidentiality clause as part of the sales agreement. All sorts of things can go into that agreement. The Companies House website is no authority for that sort of thing. I am surprised you think it is.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by ant View Post
    You obviously know better than me regarding the situation between John and Wes but there is no reason at all for not having a confidentiality clause as part of the sales agreement. All sorts of things can go into that agreement. The Companies House website is no authority for that sort of thing. I am surprised you think it is.
    You are correct, companies house has no authority over confidentiality; however they do have a vast array of information concerning these area's. More usful information on confidentiality can be found at websites like Business Link it ia also for easier to navigate.
    If you think putting clauses into a company break is easy, i would suggest you read some litriture on the subject.

You are correct, companies house has no authority over confidentiality; however they do have a vast array of information concerning these area's. More usful information on confidentiality can be found at websites like Business Link it ia also for easier to navigate.
    If you think putting clauses into a company break is easy, i would suggest you read some litriture on the subject.
    Where a deal has been done and consideration has passed hands as you are stating, I would suggest to you that it is vey simple. I would agree that where a deal has not been done then the scenario you are trying to labour would be the case.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    What a load of rubbish!

When a marriage splits up you don't just ignore the facts and 'support both friends equally' you make a moral and ethical decision on support based on the facts.

If a man has an affair with a woman that everyone knows about but his wife, so is publically humiliating her, and then effectively throws her and her 2 kids out, having changed the locks on the doors and frozen the bank accounts are you telling me you would offer him your support???!! BULLSH1T (I'm assuming that the wife was an innocent here and did nothing to provoke such an action).
    This post goes to prove how little you really know me.
    My Parents split about 9 years ago, because it turned out my Dad had been having a 3 year affair and as you can imagine, my Mum was devastated after nearly 40 years of marriage. I refused to take sides, even though my Dad was 'the one in the wrong' in some people's eyes. I did exactly as I have stated above and was supportive of both parties without being judgmental. There are always 2 sides to every break up and that is the business of the people involved and not for others to be so judgemental about.
    'Let those without sin cast the first stone'

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Have they? I thought I'd just read a load of hearsay.
    After all, if I believed everything I heard about some members of this forum and boycotted their events based on that, I wouldn't have a lot of places left to go.
    Show me some evidence or proof and I might change my mind.

Can someone PM me the rest of this deleted post please?
    Originally Posted by Rocky
    Umm... well, as Cruella had used a marriage break up in her example on her post one would have naturally presumed that using her example to explain an alternative view point of her personal opinion was entirely relevant..
    Last edited by Cruella; 10th-November-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Blimey ive only just read this thread and i was not included in the circle of trust via email. TBH though, i dont want to read it. Im not interested in who did what to who and what was his opinion and why it happened.

Ive been to southport via j&w and ceroc and enjoyed every aspect of all of them. I just think its totally unacceptable to air dirty linen in public, to make dancers feel that they should pick sides and to interupt the dance world that we make for ourselves. A little bit of banter is one thing but blimey..... whatever next....

Sticks and stones may break my bones
    but dancing where i like will never hurt me.

So.....

So you and a few others on this forum will no doubt meet in the course of your travelling dance world and you wont talk about or discuss the JA situation,because its not your business and you are not interesed.Yeh right.
    Well I am interested and as I am not a member of the travelling dance brigade this is my contact to the seedy world of dance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    So you and a few others on this forum will no doubt meet in the course of your travelling dance world and you wont talk about or discuss the JA situation,because its not your business and you are not interesed.Yeh right.
    yes that is right DJ Trev cause i dont give a rats ass.

I dont care if Wes was bonking John up his right nostril. I go dancing to have fun, meet my dance pals and get a little up close and personal now and then. I find it boring (dance politics).

Now if somebody were to come up and tell me "did you hear about DJ Trev" my ears would perk up. !!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post

Now if somebody were to come up and tell me "did you hear about DJ Trev" my ears would perk up. !!
    Trouble,the first thought that would probably cross peoples mind would be 'who the feck is DJ Trev'

I know who djtrev is......He's the bloke I owe a pint and a bag of crisps to.

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post

From what I understand of our court system, in most cases, that probably is the least wise course.
    The bible advises to sort out your differences with your adversary on the way to court, or some such.

I'm sure Wes has walked away with a decent package; After all it was a limited company and are governed by several laws.
    It seems that Wes was strongarmed into accepting a pitiful offer.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    The bible advises to sort out your differences with your adversary on the way to court, or some such.
    I think there was some smiting recommended

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    It seems that Wes was strongarmed into accepting a pitiful offer.
    And you base this statement on What exactly?

When an organizer has been exposed as someone who will misrepresent the truth to gain support to earn money and when that organizer has been shown to deceive his business partners, my ethical code would tell me not to support his events... but I guess I'm in the minority.

Are dancers really that morally bankrupt?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

If there is free cake I'll always go

Commercial Operator

When an organizer has been exposed as someone who will misrepresent the truth to gain support to earn money and when that organizer has been shown to deceive his business partners, my ethical code would tell me not to support his events... but I guess I'm in the minority.
    and he has been shown to deceive his business partner how exactly?

This is Wes' side of the story. We may or may not here John's side of the story, however the truth may lie somewhere between the two sides, then again it might not. Deception by an organiser is not a trait that is peculiar to independents.....

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I've already complained about Rocky's guilty verdict based on one email. All my posts got deleted though. So, lets talk about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    This post goes to prove how little you really know me.
    My Parents split about 9 years ago, because it turned out my Dad had been having a 3 year affair and as you can imagine, my Mum was devastated after nearly 40 years of marriage. I refused to take sides, even though my Dad was 'the one in the wrong' in some people's eyes. I did exactly as I have stated above and was supportive of both parties without being judgmental. There are always 2 sides to every break up and that is the business of the people involved and not for others to be so judgemental about.
    'Let those without sin cast the first stone'
    Umm... I think what a child does in relation to their parents splitting up is a little different to the break up two 'friends', as stated in your original post. So, it's not really relevant at all is it...

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Umm... I think what a child does in relation to their parents splitting up is a little different to the break up two 'friends', as stated in your original post. So, it's not really relevant at all is it...
    as Cruella made the original comment, i think its safe to assume her original post is relevant and its only your arrogance that assumes everything you think of is correct

Thread Information