• Glasgow Party

11 14.67%
  • I'm washing my hair this week-end...

12 16.00%
  • Rebel Yell

14 18.67%
  • Brit Rock 2006

5 6.67%
  • Other events going on? Ask a moderator to add them for you.

6 8.00%
  • Berko Freestyle

3 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who's going where? Week-end 14th October?

Re: Who's going where? Week-end 14th October?

BritRock pre-comp party/dance
    Just got in from a great evening - thanks to all for my lovely dances (and I had lots of them)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    BritRock pre-comp party/dance
    Just got in from a great evening - thanks to all for my lovely dances (and I had lots of them)
    Lucky you Minnie

Have a wonderfull time

I will be at Derby tonight to give my support to Jon & Wes with their Freestyle, Yeah baby

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WittyBird View Post
    I will be at Derby tonight to give my support to Jon & Wes with their Freestyle, Yeah baby
    See you there hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    See you there hun.
    You sure will, It's gonna be a fantastic evening knowing the sort of events Jon & Wes put on. I for one can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Have a wonderfull time
    only did the pre-comp party

Yesterday I went to Rebell Yell - great day - Kyle & Sarah

Ryan & Jenny

I did FOUR workshops anyone who knows me know this is unheard of (I am usually working at all day events & weekenders)

The only real negative part of the day was the HEAT - it was almost unbearable

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Had a good time at The Derby freestyle despite turning up late with a bad back. It was good to see so many friendly faces, helped to remind me what it was I used to love about this dancing lark. Thanks, everyone.

Thanks also, to everyone who danced with me and racked their brains to think of moves that didn't involve dips or drops.

I loved the venue, felt it had lots of atmosphere and lots of space to dance. Perhaps the lights could have been dimmer for the bluesy section at the end, though. The floor seemed a bit rough, but I guess it has a thousand kids roller-skating on it every day?

Lots of good music played, though I suspect the blues stuff was toned down a bit to cater for the Ceroc-in-treacle fraternity. Clearly more Midlands musicality classes required. The music didn't seem to get mellow until well after 12 o'clock when a lot of people were departing.

Generally an event I will definitely be going to again, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    Had a good time at The Derby freestyle despite turning up late with a bad back. It was good to see so many friendly faces, helped to remind me what it was I used to love about this dancing lark. Thanks, everyone.

Thanks also, to everyone who danced with me and racked their brains to think of moves that didn't involve dips or drops.

I loved the venue, felt it had lots of atmosphere and lots of space to dance. Perhaps the lights could have been dimmer for the bluesy section at the end, though. The floor seemed a bit rough, but I guess it has a thousand kids roller-skating on it every day?

Lots of good music played, though I suspect the blues stuff was toned down a bit to cater for the Ceroc-in-treacle fraternity. Clearly more Midlands musicality classes required. The music didn't seem to get mellow until well after 12 o'clock when a lot of people were departing.

Generally an event I will definitely be going to again, though.
    I'm sorry I missed this, I almost set off late to arrive by midnight, but stayed home to rest in the end.

I hope you are going to the Bromsgrove T this afternoon. Ask Fletch to point me out and perhaps we could have a gentle dance?

Patrick

Took a few quick pics. (Can't work out how to get rid of the red eye, sorry)
    Great venue, bought my ticket for the xmas party on the 23rd December.
    Did any other ladies make the discovery of young Jamie from Doncaster? (Wearing the hat) WoW, only been dancing 6 months too!!!
    Last edited by Cruella; 9th-December-2010 at 02:40 PM.

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    young Jamie from Doncaster? (Wearing the hat) WoW, only been dancing 6 months too!!!
    I saw him dancing & was well impressed. Has he really only been dancing 6 months?
    Love dance, will travel

More...

Lastly..

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    I saw him dancing & was well impressed. Has he really only been dancing 6 months?
    Yep! He's originally a line dancer though. He was awesome, reminded me so much of Alex Faulkner (Centralex)

I am really sorry I missed Derby, but I'm afraid I could not possibly have missed OXO's debut in the Berko blues room.

Latin Ian played a blinder in the main room and OXO...well...What an amazing set! I have never heard so much new and exciting music in one night. Excellent stuff.

It was a quiet night by Berko standards (meaning there was room to dance). And I had the added advantage that Lory had stayed home with a cold (get well soon hun , and thank you for not sharing it ) so I was Kev F's temporary dance partner for the night. Every cloud has a silver lining....

Funniest moment - The blues room suddenly cleared . I thought,
    'Oh no, has OXO played a duff track? Surely not?'

Of course he hadn't

Tea and cakes were being served in the bar...

You can't compete with that.

ZW

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I went to Chiswick - third time lucky, I thought.

Alas, it was not to be.

Whilst I had some nice dances in the main room, that $%^*&^ "Chillout room" - I'm not setting foot in there again. Too hot, music all over the shop, and the floor literally got sticky - I swear I had to physically pull my feet up to move them at some point.

I've given Chiswick three goes now, and each time I've come back less-than-overwhelmed. It's fine as a standard Ceroc venue - the music in the main room, no problem with that, normal Ceroc fair. But the Blues / Chillout room has, all the time, been a disappointment.

The worst part was trying to tango to Santa Maria whilst playing dodgems with people who simply could not hear the music, and were just jumping and bouncing around to it. I gave up halfway through on that one.

EDIT: seeing ZW's comments, I think I'll have a "Should have gone to Berko" T-shirt printed...
    Last edited by David Bailey; 15th-October-2006 at 12:21 PM.

Juju

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post

I didn't particularly enjoy it. The floor was rough - my trusty trainers (which have danced on all kinds of surfaces without any trouble) stuck to it, so every spin ended with a stagger and I spent the night apologising. I didn't care for a lot of the music which was played (despite being from the Midlands); it was also too loud and, possibly due to the volume, slightly distorted. Also the sheer number of flashing, swirling lights just made me giddy. Though the dry ice was rather amusing.

On top of which I took over two hours to do a one hour journey - ended up halfway to Chesterfield before I realised I was lost, and my Roman torc bangle got attached to someone's trousers doing a dance, and (it was one of those nights) I smacked myself on the head with the same bangle in mid-dance - right on the bump I got after smacking my head on a doorframe last week, and my shirt cuffs came undone and I had to ask a stranger to do them up for me (which made me feel like a toddler), and I had a bad hair day!!! (... but apart form that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the show?)

I did have some nice dances, despite not being at my best, but I don't think I'd go back. It's a shame - but at least the ticket only cost me a quid.

my feet hurt!!!

I think I'm dying!!

Gee ... thanks John and Wes!

Seriously fab venue ... lovely to meet (and dance with) forumites, 'specially some for the first time.

Just ran oot of steam by about 1am.

Thanks Cruella for tekin' some pics .... I'll recognise more next time!!

Well done J&W!

Hi

Well done John & Wes, i had a great time , dispite not being able to get there untill 11pm. I thought the floor was good, perhaps because any floor is better the Marcus Garvey at the moment, which i am sure has been covered in glue.

I has some great dances, (although i have a slight head ache this morning Kirk! ), i really enjoyed Marc's set but I did think the music was a little loud as my ears were ringing when i got in to bed.

Got my ticket for 23rd December.

Saw lots of faces i recgonise off the forum, i shall come and introduce myself next time.

roll on Daventry next weekend

Amyxx

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post

Yesterday I went to Rebell Yell - great day - Kyle & Sarah

The only real negative part of the day was the HEAT - it was almost unbearable
    Must agree with you Minnie.. I was only there for the evening..but I am still feeling hungover.. I didnt drink any alcohol, but feel exhausted this morning and think it must be getting so dehydrated... No air conditioning that I could see upstairs and no fans... I really struggled with the heat in the end...

Looks like I so missed out on a great day.. must do it next time..

Lovely to see everyone.. Jennifer & Dave H from Scotland
    and the Twickenham gang..

I only popped downstairs for the awesome caberet and one dance.. then headed back upstairs for the rest of the night..

For me, there was definately a lot of extra ladies and not enough WCS chaps to go round.. but I enjoyed what I had.. thanks everyone, esp MSFab.. what a lovely lead.. (*and you too guys..*)

Wish I could get to Bisley today.. but will definately be going next time..

Quote Originally Posted by Juju View Post
    I didn't particularly enjoy it. The floor was rough - my trusty trainers (which have danced on all kinds of surfaces without any trouble) stuck to it, so every spin ended with a stagger and I spent the night apologising. I didn't care for a lot of the music which was played (despite being from the Midlands); it was also too loud and, possibly due to the volume, slightly distorted. Also the sheer number of flashing, swirling lights just made me giddy.
    Were we at the same venue?

I had a fcuking amazing night.
    Fabulous venue, well worth the 3 hours in the car, would've been 2 but someone didn't know how to programme HIS TomTom, did they Raph

Dave from Bedford was my replacement PaulF for the evening
    Really wish the venue was closer preferably next door to my flat

Had a few new discoveries Mmmmmmmmmmmm Anthony Apparently he is my birthday present Eh Snow White I'm looking forward to unwrapping that one!!!

Anyway thanks to travelling buddies Jan & Raph Ooooh that's a nice red Please stop biting my bum

Well Done to Jon & Wes for another event that exceeded expectations
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information