Thread: Not Dancing In London This Weekend

Blog Entries

Wink Not Dancing In London This Weekend

I'm actually going to be in London this weekend - but not dancing. If you're stuck for something to do, please pop into The Verge in Camden (147 Kentish Town Rd) on Sunday evening, where you can witness 3 exciting new unsigned bands play live. May I recommend the first band - Caffeine Kill? And it is entirely possible to ceroc to them. Honestly. I will if you will!

(Sorry for being so cheeky, Franck! )

The Forum Legend
    Hey Lou....

Are you sure that you can't pop along to Chiswick town hall on Saturday evening. I'm sure that all the Scottish people down in London for the weekend would love to see you....

Sunday evening, we're all going to be at the ceroc champs I'm afraid

Steve

Blog Entries
    Sorry Steve - Am dancing in Brizzol tonight & am seriously doing housework tomorrow as Mother-In-Law arrives next week! Do you think they could rearrange the Champs until next weekend so that you can all come out to Camden instead?

The Forum Legend
    Oh. Okie. Yeah, we'll do the rearrange champs thing. No probs

See you on Sunday night then.....

Steve

Versailles (yeah, in the chateau itself !)
    Originally posted by Lou
    Sorry Steve - Am dancing in Brizzol tonight & am seriously doing housework tomorrow as Mother-In-Law arrives next week!
    Pity - would have liked to meet you !!! You'll need a holiday after the Mother-in-Law (he used to love custard - of course that's when I made it just the way he likes) visit.. so why not come up to Scotland some time !!! We always give "tourists" a really warm welcome !!

Wxxxx

Blog Entries
    Would've loved to see you too, Wendy!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get in to the day, just to watch & cheer folks on?

The Forum Legend
    You can, but you'd have to pay the price of the full days admission (12pm-12am) - £25.....

I guess you'd be leaving early though, so don't know if you think that'd be worth it

Steve

Blog Entries
    TWENTY FIVE QUID?!

Curse those bloomin' London prices! Anyone would think Ceroc's a money making venture.

Oh. Right.

The Forum Legend
    Well. It is for 12 hours of dancing (and watching).

Unless of course, you can't go for 12 hours. Which would diminish the appeal a bit I guess.

I've heard that Ceroc keep saying that they struggle to break even on the whole event. Though, I'm not quite sure why. Hammersmith Palais must be pretty hideously costly to rent for the whole day though.....

Steve

Blog Entries
    Actually, Steve, you're right. People regularly pay a similar amount to watch 12 blokes chase a ball around for just an hour & half.

I'm going to try to come to watch. Whilst I'll miss the fun of the party & the finals, at least I'll see most of the heats & hopefully get to meet up with you guys. I'll recognise you and David & Lily B, of course - so you'll need to point me in the direction of our mutual Scottish friends.

The Forum Legend
    Lou.

If you want to come, I recommend calling the ceroc office to ensure that there's a ticket (would be a pain to come, and find out there's no places available).

Ceroc Champs

All the details you need should be on there....

I'm heading out now (well, in 10 minutes) - down to Bristol actually to get in the first practise with Laili since we competed at Blackpool (and only the 2nd time I've seen her - the first was 2 weeks ago at the Rock & Roll night at the BAWA).

At least we'll be fresh!!

Steve

Blog Entries
    Will be at the dance at Kingswood tonight, if you guys are still around later...

I remember where I knew Laili from - she used to try to each me Aerobics at Esporta! Poor lass. Apologise to her on my behalf, as she was an excellent teacher!

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Lou
    Actually, Steve, you're right. People regularly pay a similar amount to watch 12 blokes chase a ball around for just an hour & half.

I'm going to try to come to watch. Whilst I'll miss the fun of the party & the finals, at least I'll see most of the heats & hopefully get to meet up with you guys. I'll recognise you and David & Lily B, of course - so you'll need to point me in the direction of our mutual Scottish friends.
    2 more things.

Firstly. You've completely lost me on the 12 blokes thing. I'm kinda assuming that you mean football. Well, there's either 11, or 22 (depending on whether you just want to watch the team you support I guess). Not quite sure where 12 comes into it...

And of course I'll point you in the direction of the Scottish peeps. I'll be sitting with them I imagine, so find me, and you'll find them Look forward to seeing you Sunday!!

Steve

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by Lou
    Will be at the dance at Kingswood tonight, if you guys are still around later...

I remember where I knew Laili from - she used to try to each me Aerobics at Esporta! Poor lass. Apologise to her on my behalf, as she was an excellent teacher!
    Sorry. Am meeting up with my sister tonight (she lives in Bath) and doing something.....

Though, I wonder if she's be persuaded to go dancing!!

No! I need the rest (last night I had off from dancing was Saturday 19th April - and that was only cos I was in Cardiff, and there wasn't any dancing!)

Steve

Blog Entries
    I meant 22! *lol*

And... well - you know where to find the dancing, should you be tempted tonight. http://www.kingswoodleroc.com/

Oh - there's 184 day tickets left!

Bit late but have spare day ticket for a tenner for champs - day/ev - can pass onto Lou? or anyone interetsted - can contact me via number on www.leroc-in-bristol.co.uk under competitions (mobile on ansaphone).... & re kingswoodleroc, where I teach intermediates at present - Nicki Haslam & Robert Winters, there 23rd May...good luck to Lily B & Amir tomorrow & anyone brave enuf to have a go, really..

G

Blog Entries
    Cheers, Graham. You're a star.

Thread Information