Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ceroc NI Hits The World Wide Web

Re: Ceroc NI Hits The World Wide Web

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    When I view it the site is cerocni and the strap line is 'the official site of Ceroc in Northern Ireland'. Not sure where else it needs to be mentioned?
    That's an image, and as such, doesn't get seen by search engines. If it had "alt" text it would be better... ("Alt" text is shown by browsers that can't do images, or have showing images turned off.)
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    That's an image, and as such, doesn't get seen by search engines.
    Ah right, I understand now. Though if you google Ceroc NI - the website is the 5th on the list. Ceroc Belfast still takes you to the Ceroclondon page (which makes a change as for the past few years it was usually one of my posts, which is now third on the list).

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Also if you search ceroc ni or ceroc bangor the first 4 items are all me anyway and then 5 is ceroc ni!

Not bad publicity

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    Also if you search ceroc ni or ceroc bangor the first 4 items are all me anyway and then 5 is ceroc ni!

Not bad publicity
    Possibly, though I was the top 'hit' - via this forum, for Modern Jive or Ceroc and Belfast for years and as it didn't link straight to a site that had times of events on, I don't think it was much use in terms of anyone wanting details of what might be happening locally. Putting details on UK Jive however was helpful and several people found our freestyles that way.

When I first searched for MJ in Belfast or NI, I did track someone down (which led to someone else, which led to the start of a scene) but I had to spend a fair bit of time searching.

Not bad publicity
    Could be because without the info' from the image your site might read as if it was *the* official Ceroc HQ site.
    Quote Originally Posted by drathzel's website
    Welcome to Ceroc
    SpinDr

Quote Originally Posted by spindr
    Could be because without the info' from the image your site might read as if it was *the* official Ceroc HQ site.
    No with 'ceroc ni' on google they are mostly forum hits - the first being Drathzel on this forum, the second was my MJ nights on UK Jive that are no longer run or listed but because they were there is a 'Modern Jive in NI' page (with no classes listed) and the next two are local dance forums. Then the Ceroc NI website. So anyone looking for Ceroc in NI would be able to find the site pretty easily.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Spin dr quoted my website

The website is the bare bones and will have more "NI" referneces to it once it is fully up and running! I really cant believe that for the amount of times that i have said, its not finished its still being nit picked at!

I shall say it again

The reason the website is up and running as it is, is so that people looking for the classes can find them. The rest of the website will be sorted once my website operator has time to refresh it with the new information!

Maybe its the NI way of thinking Lynn but at least we can see the good of it!!!

Maybe its the NI way of thinking Lynn but at least we can see the good of it!!!
    Yes its a WIP (and hopefully the progress will include any photos with me in them being somehow lost... ) but it still functions as it needs to - anyone searching for Ceroc in NI will find it. They will have all the information about venues, class times, special events etc and can come along to a class. Regulars can also check updates and latest news.

Ok, I had a brief jaunt on the dark side: and the site looks great on WindowsXP in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera

However, on SuSE Linux9.3 the site only shows the header piccy (with no links and no text) -- it's the same in Firefox, Opera and Konqueror -- if I use the very very basic lynx browser, then I only see the text (no links).

It's probably because there is no Linux version of Macromedia Flash 8.

You may not care about a minority set of users -- but at least its worth knowing that there might be an issue. That was the only issue that I thought you might care to know about -- given that it might have some commercial impact for you.

SpinDr

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hudson
    Its been confirmed...... i shall be paying a visit to NI this week (wed 19th)

Lynn, am expecting a dance or two

looking forward to meeting all the regulars mad enough to put up with Danielle's continual talking (don't mean it babes )

I can't wait for a few dances with the local ladies

Well , I went ...... it was superb... great night... make sure you pay Danielle a visit

Danielle... thanks for being a fantastic host... loved the new car btw.

Lynn.. .thanks for the dances

thanks to all the locals...really friendly bunch....

Well , I went ...... it was superb... great night... make sure you pay Danielle a visit
    Great to have another vistor! I really enjoyed last night (despite the heat!), it was a good night.
    Lynn.. .thanks for the dances
    Likewise!

Thread Information