Thread: Keep Your Websites Up To Date!

Blog Entries

Keep Your Websites Up To Date!

Meh. Not a happy (easter) bunny.

I had a free evening, so I thought I'd nip out for a dance. I checked on UK-Jive & found a class. I looked on Ceroc.com, and it was listed. I went to the franchise page & it was listed. There was no news about any cancelled classes. I drove 35 miles to find a hall full of grannies playing Bingo.

It's not hard, guys. Just update your websites if a class or event isn't running, or has stopped. What's happened to courtesy & customer service?

Re: Keep Your Websites Up To Date!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post

I had a free evening, so I thought I'd nip out for a dance. I checked on UK-Jive & found a class. I looked on Ceroc.com, and it was listed. I went to the franchise page & it was listed. There was no news about any cancelled classes. I drove 35 miles to find a hall full of grannies playing Bingo.

It's not hard, guys. Just update your websites if a class or event isn't running, or has stopped. What's happened to courtesy & customer service?
    Similar thing happened to me last night. Following a flier I went expecting to find the first of four beginners classes in tango, first Tuesday in every month.

It's now an eight-class series, commencing first Tuesday of every second month. Last night was class 5...

You're right of course Lou. Anyone running a business is just plain stupid to annoy and alienate their clientelle in this way.

But my life was unexpectedley turned upside down in a trice and, out there still, is a primitively handcrafted site which, four or five years on, has not been, and never again will be be, updated. The content is good but the passion neutered.

This is so true Sorry about your wasted journey Lou, I think it has happened to most of us at some time

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    You're right of course Lou. Anyone running a business is just plain stupid to annoy and alienate their clientelle in this way............

Most organiser web sites have third party web masters and if they are not aware of changes this is one problem, plus for some of these 'third party' webmasters, it is something they do when they have time

However, I pride myself in that I update my list very regularly, not only from the organisers but also from emails from the dancers too, however some cancellations still do get missed.

Unfortunately, it will never be perfect, therefore, I always advise people to ring before going on a long journey for a class/dance.

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Blog Entries

You're right of course Lou. Anyone running a business is just plain stupid to annoy and alienate their clientelle in this way.
    And what makes it worse was I was hoping to catch a dance with you!

But my life was unexpectedley turned upside down in a trice and, out there still, is a primitively handcrafted site which, four or five years on, has not been, and never again will be be, updated. The content is good but the passion neutered.
    Ach - I'm equally as guilty! I can't bear to put old websites out of their misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    However, I pride myself in that I update my list very regularly, not only from the organisers but also from emails from the dancers too, however some cancellations still do get missed.
    The work you always put in is appreciated, Minnie. Your List, plus John Gimber's South West & Wales site are so helpful for finding out what's going on.

Unfortunately, it will never be perfect, therefore, I always advise people to ring before going on a long journey for a class/dance.
    Excellent advice. And I'd echo it to anyone who wants to travel far.

However, for those impulsive disorganised people like myself, who decide at the very last minute to wander out to a class... ...don't always believe everything you see on t'interweb. As Minnie says - it isn't perfect!

Never mind all that Lou, did you stay for the bingo?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Never mind all that Lou, did you stay for the bingo?
    You've obviously never tried to get between Grannies and their Bingo!

Nope - went back home, only to stop off on the way at the local Tesco Express to get some munchies. Was distracted by a bottle of wine. 2005 Côtes Du Rhône Villages, Reserve. £5.19. It's very very nice. Excellent value for money & highly recommended.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

only to stop off on the way at the local Tesco Express to get some munchies. Was distracted by a bottle of wine. 2005 Côtes Du Rhône Villages, Reserve. £5.19.
    To Tesco Express' everywhere
    To Lou good shout
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

And what makes it worse was I was hoping to catch a dance with you!
    It's been a long time; so long I think I've learnt a new move !! But such a coming together was doubly doomed as it's my second week of not dancing due to a rather nasty cold/sore throat. Hoping I might make it to the Hall of Walls on Easter Saturday.

And the class wasn't cancelled; it was at another venue (Innsworth Com. Cntr) a couple of miles down the road. It seems the regular venue would rather host the gambling grannies on a number of Wednesdays through the year. I thought they always stuck a notice on the door or somewhere but perhaps that has lapsed out of complacency.

And I really should be outside glorying in the lovely weather rather than hunched up here in my dingy den.

Blog Entries

And the class wasn't cancelled; it was at another venue (Innsworth Com. Cntr) a couple of miles down the road...
    I wondered if it was elsewhere. No mention of it on the door or the website as far as I could see. I doubt I'll get to the Hall of Walls, though. But never say never...

Thread Information