Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting School

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Re: Starting School

Oh Dear!

Well, she might be a well adjusted wee person but....

Partner and I chose to send her to the Gaelic Medium Primary School - but she didn't go to the nursery.....

so, since I picked her up I've heard...

They won't play with me.... I don't understand them.... they don't like me.... I don't like the teacher.....

and on the plus side - "lunch was good!"

Feeling like a bad parent but very aware that starting her in P1 with another language is tough right now but will pay dividends later... I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    It was just my little rant. I appreciate some people really do live too far away from schools to make their children walk or take the bus.

It just takes me so much longer to get to work

Pseudo rant mode :

Take the bus and a book - that way, if you get there quicker you win, and if you don't then you get to enjoy the roadworks as extra reading time rather than fuming behind a steering wheel.

Pseudo rant mode off:

Cheers

Whitetiger

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger1518 View Post
    Pseudo rant mode :

Take the bus and a book - that way, if you get there quicker you win, and if you don't then you get to enjoy the roadworks as extra reading time rather than fuming behind a steering wheel.

Pseudo rant mode off:

Cheers

Whitetiger

Reading on a bus makes me nauseous - and I catch the bus to the train station. If the bus is delayed, I miss the train and am late... so am afraid that your suggestion doesn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger1518 View Post
    Pseudo rant mode :

Pseudo rant mode off:

Cheers

Whitetiger
    You want me to make a 6 change, 96 mile round trip to West London by bus? Im guessing over 2 hours one way (or 4 hours each day)

Would love to do the train but thats a 35 minute walk from my house and then a trip into Clapham Junction in London to change to Brentford.

On the positive side, I could probably get through War and Peace in a few days

Hi,

I am having a tough time at the moment with my eldest who started school this week. She is a very quiet and shy individual, just like myself . Bless her, she takes after her daddy. You should see my youngest, she waltzed into nursery for the first time this week and couldn't wait for me to go.

Anyway, the school seemed to want the parents to bring the children into their new classroom on the first day which I thought just prolonged the agony for them. Lauren squeezed my hand so tightly when I told her that I was going. I told her that she had to be brave for mummy, gave her a kiss and cuddle, and let go of her hand. I could see her eyes filling up, but I walked away. (As a teacher myself, I knew that she would be fine the minute I was out of sight - however it is harder when it is your own child and not someone else's).
    Anyway, I walked out but looked behind and saw her trying to be really brave, drying her tears and trying not to look upset. This set me off and I spent the whole walk home in tears.
    Thankfully, when I picked her up, she seemed to have enjoyed herself and was excited to go back again.

Second day seemed to begin positively but things deteriorated when she lined up. She wouldn't let go of me, but I walked off, again telling myself that she would be fine when she got in. When I picked her up she told me that she had had a good day. I asked her about playtime and who she had played with. She told me that she couldn't find anyone so sat alone and ate her snack. She then told me that a girl in her class came over, told her that she didn't like her and kicked her in the ankle. Oh my god!!!! I feel so sorry for
    her.

She is such a delicate little flower and it is very upsetting for me. I told her to tell the teacher but she said that she is too shy to tell. To make matters worse she has now told me that she doesn't want to go tomorrow.

I have to say that she seems to be dealing with it a lot better than I am and we'll just have to see what tomorrow brings.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Lorna , have a . Day three for my little angel ( ) has been the best so far, she's made a wee friend who is in the afterschool as well as her class and..... when I picked her up she understood when the teacher told her in Gaelic to go and wash her hands! (Nigh do lamhan) it was fab... she even said "mar sin leibh" which is goodbye (to more than one person) - it's mar sin leat for just the one....(Alix isn't the only one who's learning things!!)

Thread Information