Thread: Wellingborough WCS & Superstition Daventry..... A review.

Commercial Operator

Wellingborough WCS & Superstition Daventry..... A review.

On Sat I headed north with a friend for the combination of a Graham Fox & Chelsea intermediate WCS workshop in Wellingborough and then later that evening the Superstition WCS freestyle in Daventry both run by those lovely Justdance people.

Things didn’t start well; driving through (south to north) London on a bank holiday weekend was a nightmare! Then to get stuck on a very hot sunny M1 for one and a half hours making me late as well as being slowly cooked and getting a tan on my right arm that George Hamilton would be proud of did not put me in the best of moods.

It should be noted that Graham Fox is one of my teachers anyway I always try and do his Latin classes at Southport etc even so he would have to be really good to overcome our recent travel adventure.

As I mentioned I was late, however this turned not to be an issue, soon after we got there was a break to allow people to consolidate what they have learnt and get a little personal 1 on 1 with the teacher. Graham managed to bring us up to speed and still get around to everybody else.

Now in positive territory once more things where looking up. To my mind Graham is a master at judging the pace of progress and thus the amount of review and practise required to grasp what is being taught, and just the right amount of chat/ jokes too.

The content also was spot on, patterns where challenging and also allowed the prospect of
    of extending and adding personal styling, I haven’t done many WCS workshops but I came away from this one not only with some nice new patterns but also with a feeling future possibilities. Also a special mention must go to Chelsea, Grahams teaching partner, such grace, poise and style what a joy to watch and more importantly to dance with.

Were there any bad points? No not really apart from being indoors on a very sunny day and the nightmare journey there!

Would I do another one……… I have already booked!

The same can be said for the Superstition Freestyle later on over in Daventry, I will be at the next one in September, Good music, good dancers, nice people and Graham & Chelsea did another couple of classes, one of the best WCS I personally have been to!

Well done Eva (JustDance) and thank you Graham & Chelsea

Re: Wellingborough WCS & Superstition Daventry..... A review.

Who is this mikeyr fellow? Is he a plant?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
    Also a special mention must go to Chelsea, Grahams teaching partner, such grace, poise and style what a joy to watch and more importantly to dance with.

She has that 'floating across the floor' thing going on in her WCS that looks really great.

Was amazed she didn't make the first round cut in the JnJ at Isleworth last week.
    Last edited by robd; 28th-August-2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: capitalisation

Drat! You beat me to it!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Who is this mikeyr fellow? Is he a plant?

She has that 'floating across the floor' thing going on in her WCS that looks really great.

Was amazed she didn't make the first round cut in the JnJ at Isleworth last week.
    Again! She does look amazing and so natural a style. Even better to dance with! But then its in the genes, Mum is also

Blog Entries

MikeyR is lost to us to the dark side of WCS....... im inconsolable.

Mikeyr forgot to mention just how close his passenger came to being car sick all over his lovely leather interior Those Maserati's aren't designed for traffic jams whistle:

It still would have been worth it though A huge thank you to all involved, for the sublime teaching, the encouragement and the great welcome As a newbie I'm finding it particularly daunting to transcend the gap between the learning and the application on a social dance floor...there's just so much to think about! On Saturday night though I was brave enough to ask at least two men to dance (Mikeyr doesn't count of course )which was a real milestone for me! It might have had something to do with the encouraging compliments I'd had throughout the day...so thank you to everybody, to the Justdance Team and Graham (wasn't brave enough to ask the master to dance this time...but watch this space)

...and to Mikeyr, thank you for your patience as always

Marion xx

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Reet Petite View Post
    On Saturday night though I was brave enough to ask at least two men to dance
    Pretty sure I was one of them- Thanks for the dance!

As a WCS near-newbie myself, I enjoyed it - it was good to get a chance to dance with a wider group of WCS-ers.

The event was advertised as "WCS and Jive", and I did wonder if people who'd turned up with only MJ knowledge would have enjoyed it. There was a lot of WCS going on and the evening lessons (while I enjoyed them) seemed to assume a reasonable level of WCS knowledge.
    Love dance, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    Pretty sure I was one of them- Thanks for the dance!

As a WCS near-newbie myself, I enjoyed it - it was good to get a chance to dance with a wider group of WCS-ers.

The event was advertised as "WCS and Jive", and I did wonder if people who'd turned up with only MJ knowledge would have enjoyed it. There was a lot of WCS going on and the evening lessons (while I enjoyed them) seemed to assume a reasonable level of WCS knowledge.
    I'm sure the pleasure was all mine and am looking forward to the next one...hopefully I'll have improved a tad more by then

I thought the music in the evening was awesome...from a WCS perspective that is...and yes I agree that if I wasn't familiar with the genre I'd have felt out of my depth...but hopefully the event may have inspired more people to give WCS a go

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    The event was advertised as "WCS and Jive", and I did wonder if people who'd turned up with only MJ knowledge would have enjoyed it.
    It wasnt all WCS, I did manage a Cha cha and I also got an MJ dance too . I do think the music, although generally more chilled than a normal MJ only event suited both Genres.
    Last edited by mikeyr; 29th-August-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: I forgot a word...........And a comma!

Just to let people know the workshop video with graham and chelsea has been posted on facebook! it is pretty amazing!

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by shoequeen View Post
    Just to let people know the workshop video with graham and chelsea has been posted on facebook! it is pretty amazing!
    Is this something which is publicly viewable?

I'm no expert on facebook but I can't work out how to search for something like this?
    Love dance, will travel

Theres a group for people who West Coast on a Wednesday at Northampton just to keep in touch with whats going on. You have to join facebook to view it though! Then search for "WCS Wednesdays" n you should be able to find it!

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoequeen View Post
    Theres a group for people who West Coast on a Wednesday at Northampton just to keep in touch with whats going on. You have to join facebook to view it though! Then search for "WCS Wednesdays" n you should be able to find it!
    I can't find it

but that dosn't mean it ain't there as I havn't quite got my head round all this facebook stuff yet

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post
    I can't find it

but that dosn't mean it ain't there as I havn't quite got my head round all this facebook stuff yet
    Searching in Facebook is pretty rubbish IMO - it makes the vBulletin search on this forum look good.

Try "WCS Wednesday" not "WCS Wednesdays".
    Love dance, will travel

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

found it thanks

Thread Information