Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bliss the aftermath...

Re: Bliss the aftermath...

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Neg rep on its way, you old rep tart, you.
    OK, I deserved that! (Though I was being helpful as well).

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Neg rep on its way, you old rep tart, you.
    Blimey, you're still stuck on power 1? Awww, never mind...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    Blimey, you're still stuck on power 1? Awww, never mind...
    You say that like it's a bad thing

If I were you I would be praying for a reset of the rep system, so you don't look like a saddo with nothing better to do.

Commercial Operator

Bliss. OK here goes.......

Arriving late Saturday afternoon was a very strange experience. There was no atmosphere. There was no buzz. No air of excitement. No main focus point and little groups pf people obviously enjoying themselves. Nothing. Even more than this there was nowhere to dance. Seriously! Both of the dance rooms had classes going on and there was nothing playing in the pub area either. All very weird.

Anyway Saturday evening came and the blues room came alive. I took full advantage of the cabaret going on and made good use of the space and the lovely music being played. Had a couple of gorgeous dances with the fabulous Trampy and spent track after track playing with and enjoying my man. As the night went on it just got better and better. The DJ's were awesome. Not one duff set all weekend. Even Paul's very first DJ set in the pub was a success. 4 hours first off is impressive.

By the early hours of Sunday morning the blues room was alive. It was incredible. Everyone was feeling the vibe. That is until the security guards roughly ended the night. I have never seen anything like that at any event I have been to. It was rude ans aggressive and spoilt the night. I'm not sure who these security guys are used to dealing with but a little bit of tact towards people who are obviously not causing any trouble would have been an idea.

Sunday was very chilled. Got the chance to meet Mike Ellard properly. What a guy. Even did a class. Learnt a lovely move in the drops class. Big thanks to Barm Dude for being my partner. As for Sunday night. Oh My god. It was incredible. The DJ's were awesome and by the time Marc started his set the vibe was magical. I can't express what those last two hours were like. I haven't experienced that feeling before. It was like everyone in that room as connected by the music. We were all sharing something very special.

I had some gorgeous dances. Partially liked being the meat in a Stokie and Trampy sandwich. Got to dance with the fabulous Marc Foster. Next time I need more more more. DTS was as fun as ever and Trouble as beautiful as always. Both my Pauls were amazing. I spent many hours with them playing and expressing and really enjoying the music. Blueshoes was on fire this weekend. What a stunning dancer. Had some beautiful dancers with one of my Fulham boys. Really missed the others though. Fingers crossed they will all be at Breeze. Mac, loved the WCS and nice moves Blind Dynamo. I'm sure I've missed many other dances but you were all amazing. I had the best time with you all.

So for me the weekend was about the DJ's. Yes it was all very Cerocy. It was safe. There was no atmosphere and no buzz throughout the days. The pub area was dead. There was no main focal point. But there was the most amazing DJ's who really knew there stuff and made the weekend the success it was.

Top Post Sweetie!!

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post

we saw the diversion signs but ignored them (left 6pm sunday)

I understand they didnt take effect till the monday which was mention on the signs, so get some glasses ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Wow! What an amazing experience. So it was our first Ceroc Weekender and Lucky and I had such a great time. We were really impressed with just how friendly everyone was and that loads of people kept us on our toes all week-end.

I too, loved the Blues room. It was nice to be able to sit and watch the other amazing dancing going on when my feet were too torn up. Also, the extra flooring really helped and it felt like it had more give than hardwood, which was nice.

Thanks everyone for making us feel so welcome. We'll be seeing you at Breeze, Blaze and Splash! (And we'll be bouncing around Kent and other parts of the UK as well...)
    Hi Ruby,

Nice post and thanks for the dances. I am looking forward to seeing you on Saturday at the workshop.

How did Bliss compare to similar events in America?

Spiky Steve

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post

Had a couple of gorgeous dances with the fabulous Trampy and spent track after track playing with and enjoying my man.
    OK just to clarify. I had a couple of gorgeous dances with the fabulous Trampy but I didn't spend track after track playing with him and enjoying him. I was obviously referring to my man - Stokie.

Next time, appropiate punctuation will be used.

Thanks for pointing this out to me Stokie.

Wow! What an amazing experience. So it was our first Ceroc Weekender and Lucky and I had such a great time.

Thanks everyone for making us feel so welcome. We'll be seeing you at Breeze, Blaze and Splash! (And we'll be bouncing around Kent and other parts of the UK as well...)
    Ruby, As far as I know You are the first Teacher/Dancer of your standing thats ever bothered to say thankyou to the everyday punters at a week ender ( Correct me if im wrong anyone). Thankyou

So glad I managed to throw some Blue over you for your Sunday routine which was amazing!

See you at Blaze let me know if you have any lighting requirements before hand and I will do my best for you

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I were you I would be praying for a reset of the rep system, so you don't look like a saddo with nothing better to do.
    You must have missed the 2,000-odd posts I've made, over the past year or so, asking for that very thing...

But I'll still look like a saddo.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    But I'll still look like a saddo.
    There, there. I still love ya...I'm a sucker for a lost cause.

Registered User SeriouslyAddicted's Avatar

Wow! What an amazing experience. So it was our first Ceroc Weekender and Lucky and I had such a great time. We were really impressed with just how friendly everyone was and that loads of people kept us on our toes all week-end.

I too, loved the Blues room. It was nice to be able to sit and watch the other amazing dancing going on when my feet were too torn up. Also, the extra flooring really helped and it felt like it had more give than hardwood, which was nice.

And welcome to Kent too. Met you both at the new West Malling venue and hopefully again tomorrow night at Salomans.

Hey,the stupid computer deleted my post on bliss so i thought id start again, so here it is (l
    Well in my opinon Bliss was fantastic!

On my last ceroc weekender, (Chill) i didnt dance at all because i was so new to the scene, but Camber was brilliant because during the five months iv been dancing I think i've learned a lot and plus a lot of my friends were there at Bliss and i also made some new ones!

THE HIGHS WERE:

Definatley the music in the blues room, it was real blues, the blues you feel, rather then those west coast swing tunes,played at Southport. Top DJing from Trampy, Tessa wotsit, Marc (the master) and John Baker!

The entertainment was very good, Lucky's showcase on Sunday i enjoyed more than his showcase on Saturday and the same with Boy Blue, their entrance on sunday (with all the front and back flips) was absoulotely amazing! Never could i do that in a million years!

Also the Kent cabaret, was brilliant, Alex, DD and Paul you were fab and i thought your cabaret was very entertaining and i liked the way it told the story, well done guys!

I enjoyed performing the madison as well, and tried to give it my all!

Dancing with Dave, Spikey Steve,Vegetable Trampy and Blind Dynamo as well as many others! Thankyou everyone.

Dancing with DD+ and Trouble (who I knew were such good leaders!

And dancing with the wonderful Lucky Skillen (i'd never had such a entertaining dance!

In the paso class, i learnt a lot and cant seem to get the beat out of my head!

And the Double Trouble class which was a bundle of laughs which DTS, Joanne and I got the hang of so quickly,they were brilliant moves and Dave mate im so glad you came along, despite only had just been woken up, (bad DTS! +bad me for shouting D T S so loudly at your chalet door! ) thankyou!

Also thankyou to my lovely Dad and Jax for being there and making my stay enjoyable (even if I danced in the Blues room and I was told not too! my punishment awaits me)

(And last of all.. thankyou Paul (Barmpot) for those wonderful bacon sarnies you cooked!

THE LOWS WERE:

well actually that wernt that many lows just...

1: The main room absolutely reeked of sweat and goodness knows what else!

2. Not being able to do the paso doble as the cabaret because not enough people turned up for the second rehearsal! It wasnt really fair because i really was keen to learn the paso routine and it was fantastic i just feel sorry for Almost an Angel (Debs) and Paul Farrell for working so hard and not being able to present the work we'd done!

Thats it though! I really enjoyed myself

now roll on bliss....

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post

Not being able to do the paso doble as the cabaret because not enough people turned up for the second rehearsal! It wasnt really fair because i really was keen to learn the paso routine and it was fantastic i just feel sorry for Almost an Angel (Debs) and Paul Farrell for working so hard and not being able to present the work we'd done!

Thats it though! I really enjoyed myself

now roll on bliss....
    well if they had produce a schedule before the event id have done it

I didnt have any suitable black/red stuff etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Ruby, As far as I know You are the first Teacher/Dancer of your standing thats ever bothered to say thankyou to the everyday punters at a week ender ( Correct me if im wrong anyone). Thankyou

So glad I managed to throw some Blue over you for your Sunday routine which was amazing!

See you at Blaze let me know if you have any lighting requirements before hand and I will do my best for you
    Oh wow... just now catching up with the forums. Thanks for the props everyone. But you all make it too easy to have a good time. Everyone is so friendly and willing to share themselves. I apologize for the few times I have to turn blokes (and birds) down for a dance. I try to stay out as late as I can and periodically have to rest and fix my feet. Lucky and I are going to try to cook up a new routine for the next few week-enders. No promises, but hopefully we'll be able to show something new now that most of you have seen the blues and charleston numbers.

Mac... be sure to say hello face to face to me so I know exactly who you are. It's so hard to keep track of everyone as we've been thrown into the mix.

Mac... be sure to say hello face to face to me so I know exactly who you are. It's so hard to keep track of everyone as we've been thrown into the mix.
    Thats easy! Not much hair not much in the way of sleeves- no dress sense and usually standing in the lighting booth or next to the DJ at the week enders.

I would have come up and said hello to you at Brean but we were both very busy!

hi, DVDs are availble now, check out what's availbale, go here. Thx.

Thread Information