Thread: Meredith Kercher

Meredith Kercher

Is it me, or is there something inherently improbable and incredible in the police version of events?

Every time I hear more details about what is supposed to have happened, something just feels wrong...just - really unlikely.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Meredith Kercher

It's a bit weird, isn't it? The papers are having a field day with this one of course.

I dunno, I mean clearly the three suspects are dodgy as hell, simply because they've already changed their stories, but all this leaking must make it hell for the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Is it me, or is there something inherently improbable and incredible in the police version of events?

Every time I hear more details about what is supposed to have happened, something just feels wrong...just - really unlikely.
    Barry - can you bet a bit more specific about what you feel is "inherently improbable and incredible"?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    Barry - can you bet a bit more specific about what you feel is "inherently improbable and incredible"?
    The story as a whole.

Wholesome American girl and wholesome italian boyfriend join forces with congolese bar owner to kill an english student just because she won't have sex with him?

They were drinking - gasp! - and smoking marijuana - double gasp! - and she slept with her boyfriend on their first date - triple gasp! - but apart from the fact that none of that even steps off in the direction of guilt, never mind arriving there - somehow I'm just not getting a coherent whole.

Haven't heard anything suggesting that people thought the congolese guy was creepy, nothing suggesting that the girl and the boyfriend were involved in an Umbrian underground violent sex community, etc etc.

Now there's a mysterious fourth person - boot print and thumb print - but nobody seems to have suggested how on earth a fourth person would fit into the scenario that the police have put forward. Not to mention the text message which 'somebody' - always carefully unidentified - received two nights beforehand but which obviously didn't come from any of the three because the police don't know who sent it...

And - despite the fact that the police give the impression that they know everything about the events of that evening, we're told that the three suspects might be on remand for a year before trial. One would not have thought - with "pages and pages" of confession from the girl, and a forensic link between the wounds the boyfriend's knife - that would be a rather excessive time before trial.

See, I told you it didn't hang together.

This report shows that the Congolese bar owner was released through lack of evidence (it sounds as though his alibi checked out, when it was checked out; and some German guy who's never been mentioned before has been arrested and is wanted for questioning in Italy!!

I just cannot tell you how distressing this story is. You read stories of cruelty so often in the newspapers that you sensitivity to human suffering is reduced, but the manner of this girl's death and further stories it just make me want to weep.

Thread Information