View Poll Results: Beach Ballroom?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there on Saturday night!

19 57.58%
  • I'll be doing the Sunday night party too!

11 33.33%
  • I'm doing some of the workshops!

7 21.21%
  • Not this time.

10 30.30%
  • Maybe next time.

6 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's going to the Beach Ballroom this weekend?

Re: Who's going to the Beach Ballroom this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pants View Post
    ...A fantastic night up in Aberdeen last night .... Limpy Tink - great to see you again and fab dances as usual, in fact I really don't think I had a bad dance all night ....
    i couldn't have put it better myself TP - especially the last on!

As we missed the boarding for our flight by 3 mins (and no matter how much sweet talking Silverfox churned out - they still wouldn't let us book on ) I began to wonder if we would even get there on Friday night!! But we did and thanks to Franck, Sheena, Marc & Rachel for providing such a warm welcome

I was planning on walking to the beach on Sat, but Tiggerbabe & I spent the afternoon getting all hot and steamy - and now I have the bruises and sore muscles to prove it but needless to say... I didn't make it to see the sea!

I had a fabulous night on Sat - what a excellent venue I loved it apart from the echo, that I didnt notice at all until we did the chair dance, when I realised that, due to the positioning of our chairs, I was hearing the track moments before Rachel, who was hearing it a fraction after . Our only option was to keep time from Sheena in the middle who, thank goodness, we knew we could rely on - but we got through it and a big to the boys for joining in with us! You will now be affectionately known as 'Vince - does my chest look good in this vest - Silva' and 'Marc - let me blow you away in these shorts - Forster'

Great music from Trampy, great company - so nice to be able to put some faces to names. Thank you to all of you that danced with me!

Marc & Rachel produce some excellent workshops and it was lovely on Sunday to just chill out with good friends

Sadly, Scotland lost the football on Sat - but you Scots were definate winners for me this weekend!!

PS. "Funbags" or is it "Flaps" - I will look forward to seeing your avatar

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy Tink View Post
    Tiggerbabe & I spent the afternoon getting all hot and steamy
    all very innocent, of course, and done in the best possible taste

Had a fab weekend relaxing with wonderful friends, lots of dancing, champagne and laughter, yesterday afternoon's chillin' was just perfect

Marc and Rachel

Toni worked so hard on Saturday afternoon, which was a bit unfair seeing as she was up for a break and poor Rachel got hardly any practice, but still pulled it off
    Special thanks to Vince and Marc for joining in, despite the dodgy (in their opinion) outfits, and for adding their own unique moves to the routine

Saturday's Beach Ballroom was fantastic, the venue looked beautiful, Steve's music was great and I had soooooo many wonderful dances

APP with an Inverness flavour

Last night's Chill-out party hit exactly the right spot (not bad considering that I'm aching ) great music from both Marc and Rachel and more brilliant dancing

And the Whale - yes, missing breakfast means you're a proper dancer now

Can't wait for the next one (Feb 16th and 17th )
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Freudian Hips and I had a great time this weekend. We're big fans of Marc & Rachel, so it was a pleasure to do all their workshops. Definitely learnt some good stuff. Sadly we missed them DJing on Sunday night, but we really enjoyed the music during and between workshops.

The Beach Ballroom party was just fab. My best night's dancing for a while. Lots of great dancers, good music and a terrific venue. Loved the cabaret performance from Tiggerbabe and our visitors from down south. I had so many lovely dances, I was sorry when the night came to an end.

It was really good to see lots of friends from all around. Lots of Inverness folks as ever.

Big thanks to Freya for putting us up and making us an lovely big breakfast.

Last thing – I promised a couple of people copies of videos taken at the workshops. I haven't got them off the camera yet, but PM me and I'll let you know when I've got them sorted out.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Well, back to the 'other' world of work today, and all I could do was keep smiling as I remembered different bits of the BB weekend.

You just know that anything organised by Franck and Sheena is going to be superb. And they really are amazing hosts - not to mention the wildest party animals. Ably aided and abetted by Vince & Toni - whom it was wonderful to see - though my poor innocent mind will probably never be the same again (not to mention the carvery waiters)!

But, seriously, I can't get over the concentration and dedication of everyone who attended the workshops. We really appreciate that - I think it was your stamina that kept us going and it was great teaching to such an enthusiastic audience. (Though Ducasi's very noncholant 'hm, it's ok' in response to my adapted move was a bit of a comeuppence!)

I think one of my proudest moments ever was walking into the dance hall on Sunday and seeing so many couples dancing the Passion of the Dance routine to the tango track that Marc was playing ...

Both Saturday and Sunday nights were wonderful (thanks for the great music, Tramp!). Though poor Sheena and Toni, I just hope the bruises and stiffness on your inside thighs are being treated with the tender loving they deserve. Well done to both of you for the great choreography and your persuasion in getting the boys to play their roles. Hope you appreciated it, Franck, and enjoyed all your birthday celebrations!

It was brilliant to meet so many new people ... Finally getting to dance with Tiger Pants (wow!), Malcolm who made me laugh so much, and many many others. As well as the delight of meeting old friends again ... Great dances without a single exception!

Apologies (esp to Freya and PMJD) if my Sunday dancing was somewhat wobbly - I blame the the glass of wine I asked Marc to buy me, which turned out to be a bottle because it was cheaper ... (What, was I supposed to share?)

Cake!!
    Lost!!

Having the most relaxing Sunday night after-dance chill-out with The Whale and Debbie, Genie, Shea and Tiggerbabe ... And the very accommodating hotel staff who weren't nearly as annoyed as they should have been when we set off the fire alarm, and without whose knocking on our door after an hour's sleep, we would probably never have made the plane.

My only regret is not getting to dance more - there were so many people I missed and would love to have spend more time getting to know. But it just makes me look forward to the next Blaze even more.

Thanks to all of you!
    And Marc ...
    Rachel xxx

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

whens the next one?

February

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    whens the next one?
    16th and 17th February 2008.
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Thread Information