Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jive Addiction - The Next Chapter

Commercial Operator

Re: Jive Addiction - The Next Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Now, it's really not for me to say because I've only met them both once - but on that meeting I was left with no doubt about who I liked and who I would have trusted.... and I KNOW many of you feel the same and just don't have the balls (or the flaps) to post it..

- snip -

.. Wes, who was pretty much universally liked by everyone who met him,
    I don't like to point out how Rocky contradicts himself when he's making so much sense. But I'm doing it anyway

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ant View Post
    4 Both parties are playing the forum for whatever advantage they calculate is coming their way

That then leads to 4 being the most likely, which is what I think Rocky has been alluding to. Although I think he has been coming from the other direction in relation to "the word on the block".

Why would people do this. It gives them a lot of free publicity and maybe it was calculated to produce sympathy for one party or the other but at the same time not hurt either party. Who knows.
    The major flaw with this theory is that Wes and John didn't actually post anything on the forum, it was others.

I think i'm quite well known for dishing out comments, and I can have a bit of an acid sense of humour, but I don't think there is anyone out there that would say I can't take it.......my philosophy is if you give it you need to take it. You can't pick and choose the bit you like and don't like, as much as we want to.

Just recently iv had a few indents where people have given me 'snipes' of information expecting me to fight there battles for them, 'blond I might be, but its a "fool' who take me for a 'fool' I won't fight any battle just the ones I care passionately about,

no one will stop me saying what I belive or to who

That's why I was one of the people who posted Wes's e-mail, i'm not sorry I did it, I made no comment regarding the contents.

suck it up

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    The major flaw with this theory is that Wes and John didn't actually post anything on the forum, it was others.
    But they have both circulated emails as widely as possible and it appears that John's email at least was aimed at comments made on this forum.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

The Forum represents a very small portion of the dancing public. Even those who like to try and cause trouble and think they are 'God's gift' are unlikey to be known by most dancers.

Are J or W worried about what the 'forum' thinks? I doubt it.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

But they have both circulated emails as widely as possible and it appears that John's email at least was aimed at comments made on this forum.
    Have you read the email? I have reread it and can find no mention of the forum at all. It only mentions the email that was sent.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

No it didn't. Not even nearly.

Why would people do this. It gives them a lot of free publicity and maybe it was calculated to produce sympathy for one party or the other but at the same time not hurt either party. Who knows.

I then ask myself does this reinforce my thoughts that people like this have acted to manipulate things in the past on this forum? I think this is more relevant to this forum.
    This forum isn't that important. Quite a conspiracy theory you've got here.

JA for instance managed to drive a rather big wedge though the whole of the MJ community when they lost Southport, using similar tactics, which I think initially resulted in a detrimental situation for us all.
    A one sided conspiracy theory as well !

I rather think the important statements there were the ones made by Ceroc. The action Ceroc took and Ceroc's statements stood on their own. I suppose you might blame JA for eliciting Ceroc's statements or for not managing to keep Southport (which I agree was detrimental).

Beside competition is normally good for customers (if detrimental to organisers).

JA and Ceroc failing to kiss and make up is hardly detrimental to customers.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    ...I'm actually not that bothered myself - I'm extremely unlikely to be attending future events organised by either party - but that's nothing to do with the current state of affairs, or the people involved.
    Even if you never attend Jive Addiction events, but you do attend Ceroc events it could still be important to you.

For example many people don't use Linux, and may diss it as horrible.

What they may not realise is that they're paying maybe £ 10-12 rather than £ 50-60 for their copy of Windows XP on a netbook because of competition from Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Interesting view. My view was that the JA events had the best 'top' workshops (e.g. S&N, Visiting WCS instructors) but also the worst ones (some of the 'Who' instructors) whereas the Ceroc instructors, by their very nature are for the most part much the same .....
    Ok, will give you that on the WCS workshops which were very good (although ceroc obviously now bringing in some great visiting teachers). It was the jive ones I wasn't that fussed on generally...I've found the independent teachers I've experienced tend to be less professional in terms of the way they speak about the competition in front of the class, although admittedly I did enjoy a minority of the jive workshops I went to at JA (including S&N's).

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

JA for instance managed to drive a rather big wedge though the whole of the MJ community when they lost Southport, using similar tactics, which I think initially resulted in a detrimental situation for us all.
    They did? a big wedge eh ? even if that were true, how is Ceroc and Jive Addiction offering weekenders on opposite sides of England a detrimental situation for the customers? I think you're a fantasist to be honest.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    Even if you never attend Jive Addiction events, but you do attend Ceroc events it could still be important to you.
    Oh - I don't see myself attending any Ceroc weekenders either. But I do take your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble View Post

Expensive lawyers can often achieve what initially seemed like an unlikely outcome.
    Going a bit off tangent here, but think it's more related than cake.

This is why "British Justice" is unfair.

People with money who can afford a barrister like the late George Carman, need never worry about been found guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    John (and his solicitors) clearly think Wes has been telling porkies.

It's not a case of being "morally bankrupt", but more a case of "We'll never know what the truth is so couldn't judge either Jon or Wes, even if we wanted to"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Still not buying that...I was left with no doubt about who I liked and who I would have trusted.... and I KNOW many of you feel the same and just don't have the balls (or the flaps) to post it..

Two things come out of this latest development, and the first is anyone that has a real legal case against someone doesn't need to publicly go on about it - they just get on and sue. So all this legal hyperbole from 'he who should remain nameless' is just hot air..

Secondly, what you need to ask yourself is why would Wes, who was pretty much universally liked by everyone who met him, start such a vindictive string of emails against someone who had been both his friend and business partner for many years?

I don't think the answer to that is rocket science is it...?
    Seen the latest email Rocky?

Commercial Operator

I realy want you to comment on the new email from Wes rocky, i would love to know if you can apologise to someone you hate with such a pasion.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Seen the latest email Rocky?
    I assume Wes climbs down from his statements then ?

Commercial Operator

Full retraction

Quote Originally Posted by Achaeco View Post
    I realy want you to comment on the new email from Wes rocky, i would love to know if you can apologise to someone you hate with such a pasion.
    Don't have to..

You would have to be completely stupid to believe that Wes's statement that contained so much detail and that was written with such bitterness was simply retracted because it was untrue.

More likely that he breached the confidentiality terms of the original agreement and was therefore forced to retract the statement or face legal consequences...

This latest statement is all about leverage and has nothing to do with the REAL truth IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    This is why "British Justice" is unfair.

People with money who can afford a barrister like the late George Carman, need never worry about been found guilty.
    I think this article is a good illustration.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle6493564.ece

I have got a bit lost on this thread, as I do not have the emails... However, I am interested and if any kind person wants to send me the emails... That would be great...

Martin

Thread Information