Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gagging for a Dance

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Gagging for a Dance

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    How long does it take for sweat to go stale?
    Some Nerdy facts for you!

You'll start to smell bad much slower if you've started out with 'very clean bacteria free skin' before you start to sweat and here's why!........

Sweat produced in apocrine sweat glands contains proteins and fatty acids, which make it thicker and give it a milkier or yellowish color. This is why underarm stains in clothing appear yellowish. Sweat itself has no odour, but when bacteria on the skin and hair metabolize the proteins and fatty acids, they produce an unpleasant odour. This is why deodorants and anti-perspirants are applied to the underarms instead of the whole body.

The maximum volume of sweat that a person who is not adapted to a hot climate can produce is about one liter per hour. Amazingly, if you move to a hot climate such as the American desert southwest or the tropics, your ability to produce sweat will increase to about two to three liters per hour within about six weeks! This appears to be the maximum amount that you can produce.

When sweat evaporates from the surface of your skin, it removes excess heat and cools you. Typically, all of the sweat does not evaporate, but rather runs off your skin. In addition, not all heat energy produced by the body is lost through sweat. Some is directly radiated from the skin to the air and some is lost through respiratory surfaces of the lungs.

A major factor that influences the rate of evaporation is the relative humidity of the air around you. If the air is humid, then it already has water vapor in it, probably near saturation, and cannot take any more. Therefore, sweat does not evaporate and cool your body as efficiently as when the air is dry.

Finally, when the water in the sweat evaporates, it leaves the salts (sodium, chloride and potassium) behind on your skin, which is why your skin tastes salty. The loss of excessive amounts of salt and water from your body can quickly dehydrate you, which can lead to circulatory problems, kidney failure and heat stroke. So, it is important to drink plenty of fluids when you exercise or are outside in high temperatures. Sports drinks contain some salts to replace those lost in the sweat.

Washing with an antibacterial soap and use a deodorant containing aluminum chloride will help!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blimey Lory, I never knew most of that - thanks!

Now to try and work out the rep system.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bangers & Mash
    Slightly less time than it takes for people to start avoiding dancing with you and complaining to each other about it.

Well put!!!

Chris

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    Blimey Lory, I never knew most of that - thanks!

Now to try and work out the rep system.....
    Thanks Gojive

but I actually forgot to mention probably the most important thing and I think It maybe 'the' fatal mistake that some of the worst 'pongers' make!

Scenario

Man showers, deodorises, put on a clean fresh shirt...dances all night....NO SMELL

Next night, same man showers, deodorises and thinks to himself, hmmm I liked that shirt I wore last night, some girls even complimented me on it, so he has a quick sniff and HEY presto, it smells fine!

BUT heres where it all turns nasty! last night whilst his shirt was hanging up and drying, millions of bacteria grew but as the shirt is now dry, no vapour is present but it's like a time bomb waiting to go off.....

Once a little drop of sweat re-hydrates the bacteria HE STINKS!

Simple as that!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    BUT heres where it all turns nasty! last night whilst his shirt was hanging up and drying, millions of bacteria grew but as the shirt is now dry, no vapour is present but it's like a time bomb waiting to go off.....

Once a little drop of sweat re-hydrates the bacteria HE STINKS!

Simple as that!
    Damn! There goes the wall test

Hear that noise in the background? It's the washing machine. Just started.

Thanks for those posts, Lory. Really useful information

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    last night whilst his shirt was hanging up and drying

Gross, or what???????

Do people actually do this???? I spose they must do, but I still think it's amazing...

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    Why are so many MJ folks so squeamish?

It's only sweat. As Lory says, if you start off with clean clothes on a clean body I can't see why there should be a problem. And even if (shock, horror) somebody was wicked enough to wear the same garment 2 days running I doubt if they'd actually be at the stage of spreading plague spores with every waft. I thought that we'd moved on from the old belief that bad smells killed you.

Yes, it's a social expectation in our prissy age that everyone should smell chemical instead of human.But I can't get very excited about the fact that maybe one or two in every 100 dancers does not conform to this particular social norm.

Now, who would I prefer to dance with?
    a. Mr Expensive Cologne who flicks my arm viciously with every move and has no sense of rhythm. OR
    b. Mr Take Me As You Bl**dy Find Me who leads like a dream and makes me feel like a dance goddess.

Difficult, hmm? Well - no!

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat
    Yes, it's a social expectation in our prissy age that everyone should smell chemical instead of human.
    I don’t know if any of you are reading or have read, the book clubs August choice: "Birds Without Wings" but if you are/ have, go to chapter 63

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove
    I don’t know if any of you are reading or have read, the book clubs August choice: "Birds Without Wings" but if you are/ have, go to chapter 63

Will do! Sounds most intriguing.
    You might also try Perfume by Patrick Suskind -you'll never smell the same again.

Registered User johnthehappyguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bangers & Mash
    I frequently hear the girls complaining about guys who have poor personal hygiene and until recently I have been lucky but recently was asked to dance by a girl with the same problem.....
    Unfortunately the girl who prompted Bangers to start this thread still has the same habits,

Anyone got any new ideas, or should one just bite the bullet and tell her ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnthehappyguy
    Unfortunately the girl who prompted Bangers to start this thread still has the same habits,

To quote the Nike slogan

Just do it
    Not that I would ever be blunt

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by johnthehappyguy

Go for it, John.

(or if i'm ever there, point her out. If I know her, even remotely, I'll do it. )

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA

Gross, or what???????

Do people actually do this???? I spose they must do, but I still think it's amazing...
    hey - if a sock still bends - its wearable

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    hey - if a sock still bends - its wearable
    And if it doesn't bend, hit it with a hammer until it does.

Thread Information